Gaming Anyone else having frequent download errors with Firefox 4.0?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I'm sure I had them before, I cannot recall a time when I had a download error when downloading with Firefox 3.0/3.6/4.0b#.
However, it seems ever since Firefox 4.0 went 'final', I frequently get write errors when saving which causes the download to fail.

At first I thought it was just a shitty download place like Hotfile and some of the other common but not well know download sites, then it happened to Rapidshare/Megaupload and MediaFire as well. As I haven't done much downloading outside of those kinds of places lately, I thought it was just 'those sites', but now it happened to me while downloading VirtualBox.
After doing an update recently (well after the problem started happening) I did a bunch of Windows Update and after rebooting it did a chkdsk and everything came up fine so I'm pretty sure it's not the drive.

Like I said, prior to 4.0 final, I never had a problem (I don't consider one or two failed downloads in a 3 month time period a problem, I DO consider 3~5 a day a problem). When searching for this the majority of results are from 2007~2009, some of them come with suggestions of resetting download options (which didn't help) and others say to delete files and clear cache (neither worked), so now I'm stumped as to what to do.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Been using 4, no download issues. Disable all your addons and see if that does it? Also see if another browser can download (your AV might be fucking up as it tries to scan incoming files).The internet's a freaking scary place without AdBlock+ and NoScript.....
Only other addons I got are DownThemAll, GMail Checker, Status-4-Evar and Stylish.

But yeah... good suggestions to try.

QUOTE(m3rox @ Apr 18 2011, 10:12 PM) just use jdownloader for all of your direct downloads.
Happens more frequently with JDownloader actually (or at least it seems that way), that's when I first noticed the problem.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DownThemAll might be fucking with stuff. I've had no download issues as of late.

You could try that new Aurora. I've been using it issue-free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat