Hardware Anyone else having analog problems out of nowhere?(PS Vita 2000)

vita-gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering are other vita owners who have analog problems without any real cause? In specific the slim model.
What I mean by analog problem in specific is your analog moving on it's own. My analog would to the left on it's own and when I turn it to the right it just goes very slowly or not at all since it being pulled to the left. Database rebuild and hard resets don't fix it.

I basically just replaced my the analog that was miss functioning. Now a very little while later my other analog stick is presenting the same exact behaviour, I'm like: Are you frikin kidding me right now?
I just find it hard to believe the problem lies with me when I take good care of my Vita and am not being rough when I'm playing ever.
So I was just wondering if this is a common problem or something?

I guess I'll have to replace my other analog now too, luckily it's cheap tho.

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering are other vita owners who have analog problems without any real cause? In specific the slim model.
What I mean by analog problem in specific is your analog moving on it's own. My analog would to the left on it's own and when I turn it to the right it just goes very slowly or not at all since it being pulled to the left. Database rebuild and hard resets don't fix it.

I basically just replaced my the analog that was miss functioning. Now a very little while later my other analog stick is presenting the same exact behaviour, I'm like: Are you frikin kidding me right now?
I just find it hard to believe the problem lies with me when I take good care of my Vita and am not being rough when I'm playing ever.
So I was just wondering if this is a common problem or something?

I guess I'll have to replace my other analog now too, luckily it's cheap tho.

It just needs recalibrating. No need to replace.

Trophies
XP
Country
My left analog auto-fires to the right and my right analog auto-fires to the left on occasion. Recalibration doesn't seem to get rid of the issue, nor does rebuilding the database.

I've been meaning to try a reformat but it takes forever to backup games with the content manager through WiFi. If only my Vita would co-operate through cable.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Take it apart and clean the analogues inside, might have a build up of dirt and sweat etc

I've got a launch psvita and haven't had any problems with mine

adeptape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do NOT attempt invasive repaits b4 trying Electrical Contact Cleaner. more info on "Is There any way to swap the left analog to the Dpad yet..."

Lenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
When i bought my i was having same issue with left analog - drifting on it own. I sprayed WD-40 - no problems anymore. I know that hack from elsewhere and you can use it to clean al sorts of electronics. I fixed my mouse Omron switches same way. :)

adeptape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i bought my i was having same issue with left analog - drifting on it own. I sprayed WD-40 - no problems anymore. I know that hack from elsewhere and you can use it to clean al sorts of electronics. I fixed my mouse Omron switches same way. :)
u can use WD-40 if its 4 electronics. the standard product leaves an oily residue that attracts dust and can actually elevate the problem. i read that online somewhere back when i was trying 2 fix mine.

masenko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just use some isopropyl alcohol to clean it. what you want to is get a cotton bud and soak it in ipa then hold a direction whilst dripping ipa into the small gap created on opposite side. do that all the way round the analog stick then spin it round a few times to work it in and it should fix it. did for me and my random right drifting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...