Hacking Anyone else have a IS Nitro Capture? Trying to order the right flash card

AteThePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it turns out that my Acekard 2i won't work with this guy. Click on the Chessmaster icon and it goes to two white screens, never says loading or anything. Works fine in my 3DS, and a DSi I have, so it's not the AK. I've tried the AK2i loader as well as the AKAIO loaders.

The Nitro Capture works with a few dozen DS carts I own, so it just seems to be some incompatibility between the two.

Might be a stupid question, but does the AK2i only work on DSi, or just also supports DSi? Because my IS Nitro Capture is the DS Lite version.

If I need to order another DS flash card that's fine, I just don't want to keep looking trial and error until I've got the right one.

Any help/thoughts appreciated.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
2ms4olv.png

Source: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

If your DS Lite isn't accepting ANY particular flashcart, the slot1 pin contacts are likely wearing down. That is this thing:
s-l225.jpg

You can continue using your DSL as is or you will eventually replace it (requires soldering).

You can try ebay to find a replacement relativity quick: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ds+slot1+replacement&_sacat=0
Or you can get something from china and wait 2-4 weeks for shipping.

---

Most people who can't get an IS Nitro Capture, likely have something like this:
01_01.jpg

ds.jpg
screenshot.png

Source: http://3dscapture.com/ds/index.html

Likely way cheaper than what you payed for the IS Nitro Capture.

---

If you ever plan to resell the ISNC, I recommend you just leave it alone as is. OG hardware carries better prices for such things.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

AteThePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the DS Capture card is just that, a capture card. It requires a computer, and that's not quite what I'm aiming for. It's surprisingly also ~$40 more than I paid, since I don't have a phat DS to send in. And because the market kinda tanked on ISNC/ISND units.

Also unfortunately, I don't know that it won't read *any* flashcarts, just that it won't read the one I own. I was hoping someone would be able to say "I know such and such card works, I've used one" and then I can order that one and know for sure if I need to replace the cart slot or not.

Better than either needlessly replacing the slot, or rolling the dice picking a random flashcart and hoping it's compatible :/. If it turns out I just have to suck it up and order without knowing if it's compatible, I will probably go with a DSTwo thanks to your handy infographic.

Thank you for replying! I may not have an answer yet, but maybe I'm on the way!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It depends on how much of the DS hardware was moved to the external ISNC. Most DS only flashcarts use an exploit to run properly, which would explain your flashcart going to white screens. You should be able to just get any available DSi/3DS flashcart to get it to work.

The flashcarts should be cheap enough in the event your unlucky enough to pick one that doesn't work on the first try, you can afford a second or 3rd one.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This really sounds like a contact issue (the acekard is famous for that). @op, try to put a bit of paper under the contacts of the flashcard or try to clean them.
DS mode flashcards don't really need an exploit to run. More like a spoof or something. I'm pretty sure that a flashcard should work fine with the capture device as long as normal DS games work with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1