Anyone else go looking for Christmas presents?

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It all started a couple years ago, when I went to go grab my jacket one day for school and spotted a box of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards and a new GBA SP system in the back of the closet. That time was an accident [one that i don't regret haha] to me finding Christmas presents, but ever since then it's become sort of a ritual for me to go looking for them around this time
laugh.gif

I've found them every year [haha], except those 2 years I got money..lol. I was so confused xD
Anyway today I had the house to myself and I gotta hand it to my parents, it was their best hide yet, as they hid it in the last place that I could've ever looked..it was GH3 and it was hidden in a old suitcase in the basement..pretty sneaky xD
I feel kinda bad for doing so, but when I found it I was speechless; even though they kinda made it obvious that they were getting me it. Especially my mom, lol..she kept asking me how much it was, where to get it, and I just played along and acted stupid like I always do..just to make them feel good =D

Anyway, this Christmas I'm gonna act surprised, like I always do..and have fun yet again =D
Except that year I got cash..I was TRULY surprised lol.

So..do any of you go searching for your gifts? o.O

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I erm, stumbled, yeah, I stumbled upon my GBA Starter Pack a week before Christmas like 2002, and figured, "Not even my mom is dumb enough to get this without the console...sweeeeeet."

:xd:

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Once you get older it's super easy to find the presents so I don't really look for them, ruins the surprise. But now that you mention it maybe this year I will.
laugh.gif

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My family generally doesn't give gifts anymore, they mostly end up as "deals" or something along those lines.

Last year around November was when I bought my DS Lite, Supercard, and microsd. So when Christmas comes around my mom just says "all that stuff you bought, I'll pay it and that's your gift, deal?" Simple as that
biggrin.gif

I believe that's how I got a new computer monitor and a couple of other things for my computer. Basically, any recent purchases or debts I may have, my parents just decide to take care of them and consider them as gifts. I haven't bought a thing in months though, so I don't know what will happen this year.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I would often stumble upon them as a youngin, completely by mistake. Why one year I even found my presents from years ago that my mom had forgotten about in the back of her closet. Mystery belated Christmas LEGO FTW!
laugh.gif
But typically, no, I don't go looking. I like to be surprised.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
okay this is my story

last xmas my sister was missing long time and then i started to look for
xmas presents and i found my sister in cleaning closet. she was totally white
and i was so happy to see her but she didnt move or anything! i thought i'm
gonna get my sister as xmas present but i didn't. later when i looked at that
closet she was missing so i think she went to help santa as santa's little helper!!!111

edit: joke :'(

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last xmas my sister was missing long time and then i started to look for
xmas presents and i found my sister in cleaning closet. she was totally white
and i was so happy to see her but she didnt move or anything! i thought i'm
gonna get my sister as xmas present but i didn't. later when i looked at that
closet she was missing so i think she went to help santa as santa's little helper!!!111

Huh?
wtf.gif

edit: joke :'(
Oh.

Knowing what you get early on spoils the fun. I enjoy waiting til christmas morning, not knowing what to expect.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
last time i did that was back in primary school.

Zelda ocarina of time! and i actually opened it and played it in secret a few times before being caught. Who could blame me, best game of all time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.