adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't been able to do much all afternoon on the forum as its running so slowly. I'm guessing its because of the Zelda release and all the n00bies logging on.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its certainly annoying getting errors once I've posted something but I'm sure it won't be for long. I'm just dreading the hundreds of Zelda threads like we had with Pokemon.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have over 1000 visitors online atm, and the server has to deal with a lot of requests for each user. Not to mention other activity on the server and RSS feeds etc...

There's only so much we can do ourselves and only so much we can afford to spend on a server (currently on a dedicated machine).

I'm afraid the slowdowns are inevitable at times like these. Any long time GBAtemp member I think will tell you that compared to previous years our uptime and reliability has been a lot better recently.
laugh.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Before I state my comments, I have a question:

When is Zelda coming out in American language?

LOLZORZ!

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the title correctly. Happens when you're hungry and tired.
shy.gif

But either way, deal with it!
tongue.gif

It's no point in complaining 'Oh noes GBAt3mp is teh sl0wx0rz. My lief is ov3r.' -- It happens when there's lot's of traffic on such a popular place
happy.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtemp told me what I wanted to know today. It being slow instantly told me that at least one big rom got released today.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The board should be much faster now. I've disabled a few settings and have temporarily disallowed guests from browsing the board.
Was just about to post that I noticed that the online user list and "users viewing this topic" areas are gone. The site is running smooth as silk here.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Same; I've been on for an hour and haven't noticed it running slow except a little on the homepage, so the stuff Shaun did must've helped
smile.gif

I'm not "fed up" of it, it doesn't happen often and is a good excuse to go do something else for a bit. Like actually play games.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1