Hacking Anyone else experiencing in-game freezes in GTA CW?

themario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These freezes happen randomly, without notice, during missions, on foot, or in a vehicle. I've experienced this problem about 5 times now and I was wondering if it was just me. I'm using a clean backup with CycloDS firmware 1.54, the same problem occurred with 1.54b3 and 1.51. I'm using a 2gb DaneElec microsd and a 1gb Sandisk. During these freezes the game stops moving but the audio continues normally.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
thats happened to me about 4 times so far. what i do is i just restart and it works like normal. also to xxRAG3, this can happen without that much objects on the screen, like once i just walked out of my safe house and it froze.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure its not overloading a lot? If theres a lot of movement onscreen (lets say you have 6 stars, and cops are just swarming the damn screen) then it might be too much to handle. If not it might be your kind of microsd's. 1-2 GB is pretty small, and they could also be a low class (classes are the speeds of which the microsd's run.)

themario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
thats happened to me about 4 times so far. what i do is i just restart and it works like normal. also to xxRAG3, this can happen without that much objects on the screen, like once i just walked out of my safe house and it froze.
Yeah, I made a 30k profit selling coke and it just froze.

xxRAG3 said:
Are you sure its not overloading a lot? If theres a lot of movement onscreen (lets say you have 6 stars, and cops are just swarming the damn screen) then it might be too much to handle. If not it might be your kind of microsd's. 1-2 GB is pretty small, and they could also be a low class (classes are the speeds of which the microsd's run.)
No, it freezes randomly most of the time.

QUOTE(IchigoK2031 @ Mar 17 2009, 03:42 AM)
I also experienced a freeze, make sure you don't have any time or date codes used, it definitely freezes ur game sometimes
I'm not using any cheats or codes.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the rom cheat for it, rather than the patched rom if your desperate enough, but you should worry about your save file then.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your experiencing freezes on a freshly formatted micro sd you may just have a slow one i've had no freezes in about 10 hours of playtime but i did format the other day.

themario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think it's my micro sd card, I tried playing it on my 1gig(which is very old) with nothing else, just the rom and the save file and it was very slow and laggy.

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting them, even with the new firmware meant to fix all the problems.

All I can say is thank god this game auto-saves!

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicShadow said:
Its apparently a fragmented SD card problem. Although this isnt very confirmed yet

I will toss my hat in for it being a SD problem. If it was a all around problem this forum would be filled with people having issues. I am having no problems at this point and I am about 15%(per the ingame state) completed on the game.

themario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eltrut said:
I'm getting them, even with the new firmware meant to fix all the problems.

All I can say is thank god this game auto-saves!
Back up your save file often, if it freezes during an autosave you will lose your data (happened to me), I had a backup though.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my game freezes and i have a brand new, recently formatted, class 6, 8GB, SDHC card. it happened twice in the first 10 minutes of gameplay and it hasn't happened since. i have been playing for an hour. i am using a clean version with no patching.

could it still be an SD card problem?

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine does this on random occasions too. I just tend to save frequently to make sure i don't have to redo missions or lose 20,000 i just made. I'm subscibing to this in case the issue is resolved. I think my sd cards are class 4, and if the above member has a class 6 i don't think it has to do with the sd cards. Games freeze, all the other gta games did, so why should this one be different?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, exact same problem. It freezes every once in a while. Sometimes more that others. It gets really annoying. One time my game froze also when I walked out of the safe house. Its really annoying though. I'll just be driving and itll just freeze and the music will start too loop. Seems to be always while I'm driving and not on a mission. I'm gunna format the memory card and see if that does it. My mem card is a 4GB SDHC Transcend Class 6.

Edit: Ok I formatted but its way worse. Although it may just be a coincidence. I seriously cant play like this though. I started the game up, started a firetruck mission , drove a ways n it froze. Turned it back on, firetruck mission, completed 1, did another froze, turned it on, did a rampage, froze. I mean WTF! I don't know what to do. Is it my sd card, the cyclo? I have no idea.

themario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Yup, exact same problem. It freezes every once in a while. Sometimes more that others. It gets really annoying. One time my game froze also when I walked out of the safe house. Its really annoying though. I'll just be driving and itll just freeze and the music will start too loop. Seems to be always while I'm driving and not on a mission. I'm gunna format the memory card and see if that does it. My mem card is a 4GB SDHC Transcend Class 6.

Edit: Ok I formatted but its way worse. Although it may just be a coincidence. I seriously cant play like this though. I started the game up, started a firetruck mission , drove a ways n it froze. Turned it back on, firetruck mission, completed 1, did another froze, turned it on, did a rampage, froze. I mean WTF! I don't know what to do. Is it my sd card, the cyclo? I have no idea.
Well until there's a fix for this I'll play through the freezes, I think it's a problem with certain brands of microsd cards, since a class 6 should run this with no problem.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
The freezing is caused by the auto saving feature, try turning it off and see if works.
As for me, I had a few freezes but after updating to the latest firmware I noticed it was gone. No freezing at all, well, so far
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: