Gaming Anyone else disappointed Mario Kart 8: Deluxe isn't a launch title?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,840
  • Replies 82
  • Likes 5
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is essentially the same version of the WiiU with the same graphics (at least they looked identical to me) but with new content added to it. On MK8-Deluxe there's now the possibility to hold 2 items, proper Battle Stages and new characters to play as. That's just awesome!

April 28th isn't that far away but it would have been great as a launch title for sure.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I am bummed out about it though I understand why it isn't. They don't want too many big titles launching together at once. In order for BoTW to come out Mario Kart needed to take a back seat (punny) for a later release.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, if it was a Launch title I probably wouldn't have received $28.80 in trade credit at GS for it, when I paid $36 for it at Costco Dec 2014. ;)

With the training wheels maybe I can get my wife to play and get over the learning curve.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I remember the 3ds launching with 18 games in March and then had only one notable game until Fall, and that was merely the Zelda OOT rehash.
What Nintendo is doing now is avoiding that same scenario.
They're basically spacing it out. I think it's a smart move personally.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is essentially the same version of the WiiU with the same graphics (at least they looked identical to me) but with new content added to it. On MK8-Deluxe there's now the possibility to hold 2 items, proper Battle Stages and new characters to play as. That's just awesome!

April 28th isn't that far away but it would have been great as a launch title for sure.

To be honest with you.. I am not into this game and I do not care about it either. :P

Reactions: thorasgar
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
- I think this is the reason why. It's kind of clever, except the Switch gets no Nintendo multiplayer title (that is online).

This makes sense. Still, if they'd release MK8-Deluxe at launch it would have gathered more popularity even further because not everyone is into Zelda.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This makes sense. Still, if they'd release MK8-Deluxe at launch it would have gathered more popularity even further because not everyone is into Zelda.
Of course, I do agree with you. I'm starting to wonder why they have done this. Never the less, it's coming just a month after so it's not the end of the world for most.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when has mario kart ever been a launch title anyway?
plus, mario kart = online,
which would mean servers would need to be up day 1.
good servers arent exactly nintendos strong suite

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that it corrects the 60fps issue the Wii U had is a big reason for me to want to purchase the game. Everything else is a bonus to me.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm disappointed.. I mean, yeah we got botw but if I want play together with my gf.. mk8 would be nice there. Thats the reason, why I pre-ordered bomberman too.
Not having a multi-player is kind of a bummer. I polled my kids on it and they chose 1,2 Switch over Bomberman. If we get board with it I hope we can dump it for $20 or so near the holidays. It will probably become a pack in.

Hope Snake Pass releases soon.

The fact that it corrects the 60fps issue the Wii U had is a big reason for me to want to purchase the game. Everything else is a bonus to me.
I know it exists and has been verified but I have tried so many times over the past couple of years to see it and I can't. I'll blame it on my junior year in high school. :grog:

Last edited by thorasgar,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not having a multi-player is kind of a bummer. I polled my kids on it and they chose 1,2 Switch over Bomberman. If we get board with it I hope we can dump it for $20 or so near the holidays. It will probably become a pack in.

Hope Snake Pass releases soon.
kinda noticed most of their launch titles are indies or not multiplayer

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Arms can be a big surprise. The first trailer was bad, but if the joycons are really so muc better than the wii remotes Arms could be a great multiplayer.
Possibly, just seems like a one trick pony to me. Maybe it will be like Smash and the stages add some variety. Also need a second set of Joyless Cons for optimal play. I am on target with selling old stuff to get a second Switch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They're just intentionally spreading releases so that there's not more release droughts like Wii U had. Fast RMX is out near launch if you're in to more than one type of racing game, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1