Gaming Anyone can play The Wind Waker in 480p + 16/9?

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if someone can run, on a wii, this game in 480p + 16/9 on a HDTV, that mean without vertical black lines, is it even possible? I would really like to get this game in 480p + 16:9 without those vertical black lines, anyone have it working? Even the loader option to force 16:9 does'nt remove vertical black lines

DevKaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible. I usually do this using video capture devices. But then the image gets really stretched and as you know, playing on HDTV can already make the image look kinda... yeah, you know, and on top of that stretching it will... yeah you know.

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That seem a bit too complicated if it requires a video capture device. Anyway, all the ways i've tryed doesn't work, the only way that worked was to put the game in 480i, that was fullscreen, but 480p 4:3 is better than 480i 16:9. Anyway, as your saying DevKaz, streched 16:9 looks terrible, so i think i'll just stay with those black vertical lines. It's not so bad

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Btw, i get the same lines when i'm in Priiloader or Dios Mios booter so i think it's not the game itself, it's just the wii compatibility i guess

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont intend to be rude but you can play it in 1080p fullscreen using wind waker hd for Wii u... Repeat, I dont want to be rude... just to let you know.

Reactions: cearp

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
You cant force it then well i guess maybe is like Resident evil archives, the game is in 16:9 but it has the 2 black lines, people say that resident evil archives zero runs in 16:9 and thats not true because you just force the 16:9 in a game that just run in 4:3

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The gamecube and wii dont output true widescreen. They squash the image horizontally (Anamorphic widescreen) so that when you set your TV to stretch 480p (a 4:3 aspect standard) to a 16:9 aspect the image looks correct.
Wind waker did not support this feature, so your options are pillarboxes (vertical bars), stretching via your TV (making everything too wide), cropping via your TV (cutting off the top and bottom of the image), or possibly forcing widesceen.

From a quick google widescreen can be forced for wind waker in the dolphin emulator and the swiss loader on Wii, but with graphical issues. Another possiblility is via AR codes, I'm not sure if any of the GC loaders on wii support those, but if so:
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - NTSC
D3MC-RD04-JACXK
G1N3-CXH2-TMF6K

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - PAL
KNVC-VY59-WXF91
FM7X-QJAM-48NGB

Reactions: cearp

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tryed with my TV but there's no option that removes those black lines, even zoom. And i already tryed those AR Cheats because i converted them to Ocarina, and they do nothing. There's no solution, i guess

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've tryed with my TV but there's no option that removes those black lines, even zoom. And i already tryed those AR Cheats because i converted them to Ocarina, and they do nothing. There's no solution, i guess

Cropping or stretching to 16:9 are both far worse options than pillarboxes anyway, IMO. I cant stand incorrect aspect ratios.
The Wiiu Version is really good (got it free with mariokart 8 purchase), but obviously a rather expensive option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm