anyone build there own console cabinets/towers?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by roguetrip, Jun 27, 2009.

1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now That I've acquired another console system (like my 3rd SNES). I have like 6 console systems and probably will grow to a few more over time. So I was wondering if anyone has built there own cabinets or towers for the systems they own. I wanna see pics and idea's I can steal from [​IMG] j/k

I've been thinking of building a nice tower out of wood, I'm trying to think of something that could also have maybe expansions built on and so forth. Now if only I was good at wood working [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jockel

Member Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Germany
    I once did a N64 mod, where i put the entire console in a regular N64 game box.
    Unfortunately it didn't survive my sister, which stepped on it.
    No pics i'm afraid, that was 5 years ago.

3. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Anyone got a spare dead wii??

[​IMG]

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    its not really a very complicated project, look up how to build bookshelves or cabinets for construction tips. for materials wood is probably your best bet. Hardwood is preferably for looks and strength, although pine can look nice if finished well. If you are going to paint it you may as well use plywood though. Just for the love of all that is good stay away from MDF, its weak and the dust from cutting it is really bad for your health.