Anyone believe that we create our own realities?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After way too many situations in which were FAR too INSANE to be labeled "coincidences", I 100% believe in this. When we have a thought, we are literally creating our reality. I've done so much research into quantum mechanics, and study the hell out of that, and it really got me believing in this.

Anyone else?
If yes, I'd like to conversate on here about it! It's so interesting!

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After way too many situations in which were FAR too INSANE to be labeled "coincidences", I 100% believe in this. When we have a thought, we are literally creating our reality. I've done so much research into quantum mechanics, and study the hell out of that, and it really got me believing in this.

Anyone else?
If yes, I'd like to conversate on here about it! It's so interesting!
No, but I respect your opinion, bye.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am far too cynical for this kind of thing, but more power to you I guess. :)
I was at first too! Haha! Just like the rest of my family, I was a HEAVY atheist. Like on the EXACT end of that spectrum. The more I studied biology, how the universe works, quantum mechanics, etc., the more it all clicked! It's an interesting topic :P

It's not something I personally believe, but I also would not be in the least bit surprised if this were actually the case
It's funny, actually! Like, the fact that nothing really exists until it's measured. That's crazy!!

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm too realistic about life, but sometimes, things happen in the strangest way, so who knows?
Right?!

Like. I remember about 3 years back (I'm from up north, America. Near the top. Leaving my location up to your imagination; privacy haha - Now I live on the EXACT pole of that area), and I was thinking about a friend I went to middle school with up north. No idea why. So I live at the very south of America, and that night I went to dinner. I saw a guy who looked like him. I kind of chuckled... He said my name... it was him. I haven't seen him since middle school!!! I was in college then. Crazy, huh?

Reactions: VinsCool

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an Agnostic, not an Atheist. That said, there is nothing in the realm of biology that suggests we have any influence on reality, other than our perception of it. Quantum Mechanics is a whole other bag of worms. Certainly an interesting subject, but hardly something I would use to dictate personal perception.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Right?!

Like. I remember about 3 years back (I'm from up north, America. Near the top. Leaving my location up to your imagination; privacy haha - Now I live on the EXACT pole of that area), and I was thinking about a friend I went to middle school with up north. No idea why. So I live at the very south of America, and that night I went to dinner. I saw a guy who looked like him. I kind of chuckled... He said my name... it was him. I haven't seen him since middle school!!! I was in college then. Crazy, huh?
Yes!Exactly what I meant!

These kind of things happen, and nobody knows how!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the thing that's always bugged me about reality in general is "how does the world exist through someone else's eyes?"
You know the whole thing about parallel universes? That whole theory thing? Well, instead of "choices" that make the universes split, what if it's intention or thought? Now that's a crazy idea. And maybe each "universe" would be unique to each individual. For instance, In your universe, you could get the girl you thought you'd never get, but then you think, "Well, did my interest in her, and my thought that I wanted to be with her happen to attract her? What about free will?" And maybe, where that splits, "universally", she ended up with the person she wanted to be with? Just spitballing shtufff.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
other than our perception of it.
See, that's the real kicker, because it's already proven that time is entirely conceptual and that the idea how it passes will vary from person to person and (theoretically) species to species

So I guess who knows? It could extend to reality in general

Reactions: GreatCrippler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple