Anyone around here thinking of selling their Wii U to save up and get a Switch ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by leonmagnus99, Feb 12, 2017.

1. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    Hello guys and gals , i have owned this console for nearly 3 years by now, i have had lots of fun with SSB4 and MK8 mostly.
    and i still play it , mostly SSb and Mk8 ! i have not finished a couple of games like TokyoMirageSessions/Wind Waker HD/Xenoblade X (which is a very lengthy game)

and the platformer that was bundled in my WiiU (have the Mario 3D land bundle) i only played that one a couple of times, it is a gorgeous game but i never got to play it that much , i consider Mario platformer games mostly as Family games and i always keep them around when someone comes and to play together etc.

i have my Wii U set up with CBHC and have quite a few backups on the USB HDD.
    i know someone who would be willing to buy it off from me for 300$ , but i don't really know if i should sell it.

it is someone very close to me , he loves mario games mostly and he played them a few times when he was at our place so he was thinking about buying one.

when i told him to wait and get a Switch instead ,the newer Nintendo Console.
    he was like "but when is that going to be hacked?" XD

i think he likes my Wii U mainly because of all the good hacks available already etc.

so i am sure i could sell it to him if i wanted to, but i am not so sure.

what are your thoughts on this ?

and who else is considering or already did sell their Wii U ?

2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    na i dont sell my older consoles to gwt the new ones. i leave them all connected lol. I have had the cash for switch for a little while now.

Blake5100 likes this.
  3. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    You shouldn't sell it unless you're underpaid then you should. Wii U is kinda worth keeping

4. JFlare

JFlare anti skiddo

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    na, ill just get botw on the wii u

5. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Ne'er!

6. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Don't sell it.
    If you're that hyped for Switch, then put your money in piggybank and wait till it rises.
    Do you really want to waste $300 on a console that only has 1-5 games?

7. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Nooooo, why because i still have fun with it and yea switch does only have one game i want that also is on the Wii U.

8. jimbo13

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    I wouldn't trade my Wii-U for a switch straight across, I already have zelda and a fully modded loaded system with tons of peripherals and full retro capability with hopefully a lot more useful homebrew on the way.

Don21 likes this.
  9. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I did my homework, and I'm getting an used Wii U tomorrow. Will hack it and pick up Breath of the Wild and a couple of Wii games for it.

It's going to be my first hdmi system! (Also, I have an older television that I'm going to have to buy an adapter for...)

10. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    i personally like to collect my consoles. i hold a pride in knowing i had it and loved it or hated it. plus never hurts to go back and play games from "older" consoles.
    (ᴾᶫᵘˢ, ᵂᶦᶦᵁ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᶰᶫʸ ᶜᵒᶰˢᵒᶫᵉ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵃ ˢᵖᶫᵃᵗᵒᵒᶰ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᶰᵒʷ⋅)

11. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    if you are going to hack why pick up BOTW and wii games? sounds like you should be saving that money for a new TV ,one with HDMI

12. Funkentanz

Funkentanz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    No, love my Wii U. But it is at Nintendo right now for repair :(
    Stupid 106-0103 Error -_- I want it back, now!

13. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    already sold it for the switch xD

14. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    On the contrary, I'm actually thinking about getting my Wii U back lol (it's at a friend's).
    But the fact I own no Wii/GC may play a role in that too so when getting a Wii U, I'd not get Wii U exclusives only, also older games. If you already have a Wii/GC, you can discard that argument.