President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Since it seems GBA games are no longer being made and many in the torrent community are coining GBA roms as abandonware now, I was just wondering if there are anymore releases or games that have not been dumped.

Reason being - there's been 6 releases since the GBA roms were considered abandonware.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I believe THQ has the right to make GBA games until 2009...

There still are some games out there that have yet to be released (ya know, shovelware games that no one cares for)...I believe I've seen one or two games in my pawn shop that haven't been dumped yet
unsure.gif
(gonna have to check them out...).

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
By far most portable games do not get ported, remade, or included in compilations.

The trend is to an extreme for Virtual Boy. It's so different that every single game ever released or planned for it has become abandonware.

Yes, there are undumped GBA roms. In fact... About 3 or 4 are known to be incompatible with all current dumping tools. Meaning no flash cart or emulator period will run them.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know any games were incompatible with dumping tools. I'd like to know what those games are. And why didn't the movie cartridges get dumped? Because they're not games?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That probably has to do with the fact that a full-length movie will never fit into 32 MB, so I suspect they're using special 64 MB cartridges with some form of bankswitching that the dumpers don't know how to handle. The GBA system bus can only address 32 MB at one time, which is why bankswitching would be needed for these larger games to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s