Homebrew Anybody working on homebrew?

JDandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if any of you Tempers are actually working on your own homebrew?
Whether you're currently working on something, used to, or plan to start, why not talk about it?

Is it just me, or has 2008 been a really slow year for homebrew?

As for me, I'm working on a third person shooter (plays like Wolfenstein 3D), because I felt an irresistable need to pick up PAlib again after more than a year.
I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to do (relearn making menus, work with zoom), and now I'm quite unsure on what to do with it next.
Was thinking about adding another enemy (there's only one), but all the code I'd have to add for it would quite probable drive me crazy, moreso than bob.
Height mapping would be nice, but that's way~ above my skill.
Maybe I'll add turning left and right (instead of only strafing left and right) when I feel like tormenting myself with sine, cosine, TANGENTO!

So, fellow Tempers. Any of you working on a project? Or do you only come here for troubleshooting?
smileipb2.png

Jeremysr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
viewsourcecode.org
XP
Country
Canada
I'm working on Rodent's Revenge for DS. It's pretty much finished except for the balls of yarn. I'll probably finish that feature in two or three weeks (I don't have much time to work on it each day) and then release it at the end of January.

I've got screenshots and the source code at http://code.google.com/p/rodents-revenge-ds/ but no release yet.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Jeremysr: Hhaha, oh crap that is damn awesome, I love this game (Although I never knew its name back when I used to play it).
biggrin.gif

I'm going to try the stuffs in your site. They look awesome to play.

Anyway, Heres a list of who I know:

Spinal (Spinal_cord) - DSision 2 / DSision / Spinal Media Player / DiagnoSe
Soulanger - MENUdo / Balik Bayan DevWifi (Discontinued?)
Playallday(?)
Teendev - Halo2d / Alot of stuff
Normmatt - AKAIO
Smiths - AKAIO
Costello - DShobro
Heeroo - DSorganize 3.3:HE
Strata8 - SSBR(?)

And alot more that I forgot.
frown.gif

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm starting some "top secrect" project..
I don't wonna give further information untill I'm sure that I can finish this project

Atm.. I try to get along with palib

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been saying for the past few months that I've been trying to get into homebrew programming, but all I've really managed to do is look at some tutorials. Frankly, it's all really old.
One of the things I've got for is a program that creates or edits RTF documents, but I'd also like to fix up those old, incomplete homebrews (like DS2Win) in a year or so, when I'm actually competent at programming.
Oh, maybe I could do a spreadsheet program, and then eventually do some whole OpenOffice sort of thing. That would be fun. We're talking about YEARS of learning, though, so don't hold me to it.

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seazn said:
Starting on my first homebrew game. Just need to program it with palib (not really used to it).

You could try DS Game Maker..
But you should understand the Palib basics to get along with it ... well I guess i stay at Palib because you have more opportunities there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: