Anybody using a Sandisk TF that was made in China?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Saturnplanet5, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Saturnplanet5
    OP

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Is anybody using a Sandisk TF that was made in China? I'm thinking of getting a 2GB card and was wondering if anyone had any experience (good or bad) with a Chinese card.

2. bl21

Newcomer bl21 Advanced Member

United States
    i personally do not have experience with the scandisk 2G TF, cuz I heard that it is one of the slowest cards in the market. however, a guy in a chinese forum did test it with chinese version R4. If u can read chinese, u can read the review yourself.
    http://bbs.yyjoy.com/thread-12784-1-1.html

the result is pretty good, the scandisk 2G TF just ran as good as other fast cards in R4.

3. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Saturnplanet5 where are you buying this from?

how much?

4. Saturnplanet5
    OP

Australia
  5. Farami9

United States
    thats the standard price

Im sure you could buy it from an shop in Australia for that price (around $110). I heard there good but reports had been very mixed as there are lots of fakes

6. agentorentz

Newcomer agentorentz Advanced Member

Australia
    im using a sandisk tf card and it doesnt show any sign of a slow down for me,i actually bought another one just yesterday off ebay,and it cost me 93 bucks for a 1 gb and a 2gb card, [​IMG]

7. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    ebay watch out for fakes:-o

8. Farami9

United States
    nice work 2gb and a 1 gb for $93

I maybe using ebay sooner then I think...

9. agentorentz

Newcomer agentorentz Advanced Member

Australia
    yep just make sure you guys watch out for fakes, i actually research the ebay store first and its one of ebays top store,i also have bought from them before,just watch out guys, [​IMG]

10. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am one of the guys to pickup the SanDisk 2gb MicroSD/TransFlash - DIRECTLY from VERIZON.

It works great on Slot-2 cards, but is extremely sluggish with the SCDS1. I also find that it takes about 20 minutes (sometimes only 15) to copy all my programs BACK to the card after reformatting it:

Rather than defragging a constantly changing card [for performance], I copy all the stuff off the card to HD, and then reformat and copy all the stuff back to the card.... Yeah, doing this really does make a difference with this card.

I keep this card in my SuperCard.Lite.... where it is mostly filled with GB/GBC/NES/SNES/TG16/Pictures and misc NDS homebrew.

I use a Kingston 1gb card for Videos and larger NDS programs that are speed sensitive.

I hope this information can help someone.

11. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry, I didn't see that this was placed in the R4 discussion forum. Still, I hope that my rely (above) can help someone.

notes: i am reading the post topics from an RSS - thus, I cannot see the forum groups in this manor, only basically anything that has an interesting topic, i read.

12. DShunter

Newcomer DShunter Member

Im using a Taiwan made SanDisk 512MB TF (Orginally bought it for my mobile phone). From what I can tell its EXTREAMLY slow even when transferring files, decided to format it with FAT16 and the speed improved a bit. The wierd thing is the SD card Adapter that came with the TF is made in China.

Anyway, Im already planning to get either a 1GB Kingston or Toshiba next week. [​IMG]

13. ajjav924

Member ajjav924 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had a taiwan sandisk 512mb. only problem was with castlevania por freezing.

14. Saturnplanet5
    OP

Australia
    I finally got my 2GB card in the mail today, yay! There is a problem though. When I deep format using FAT or FAT 32 the card and then check the properties it says that half the card is used even though I haven't put anything on it. When I do a quick format the card says that it has 1.89 GB free and works fine. I put over 1GB of material on there just to check and had no problems at all. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

15. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I just did a FAT16 format to my SanDisk 2GB and got 1.89GB available. I filled it to the top and everything works no problem.

My SanDisk 2GB TF is Taiwanese made, got it off ebay, not sure if it's fake since I got it from an eBay Store. Works great though, but still Portrait of Ruin freezes more often than not... which is why I just went and bought the game [​IMG]

--Henry

16. warlock110

Newcomer warlock110 Member

I think at this point and time... it's probably best to spend the money on 1GB cards... kingston 1GB are like 12 bucks each... just stuff it up instead of a 2GB card you can get like 5-6 1GB card and swap in/out... the only problem i've been seeing is the labeling of 1GB card. they look exactly the same and they're so small that you can't really label them.

17. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    A small coloured dot - red for favourite games, green for good games, blue for games you are trying out, etc etc.

18. shemmy

Newcomer shemmy Member

United Kingdom
    i use a 2 gig sandisk on my sds1 and haven't had one problem with it so far.

i can understand the appeal of multiple 1 gig cards but the 2 gig allows me to fill it with a ton of games and the kids don't have to fiddle around swapping such a small memory chip.