Hacking Anybody tried it?

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they won't work because the games are encrypted and there's no tools to decrypt the isos as well as the special trick used has no access to the gamecube portion of the wii. it will take some work on the dip module for it to be possible if it's even doable.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my understanding.

1) The ISO Loaders work in Wii mode, that means we'd have to emulate the gamecube as most of the gamecube stuff is locked away.
2) The Softmods we have only patch Wii system files, they don't mess with the gamecube system files (the MIOS) and there fore won't allow us the run unsigned DVDs.
3) I'm almost certain that the structures of the the Wii and GC discs are different.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
there is already a luncher for gc-games in wii-mode: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCBooter
My understanding is that is only for region free GC gaming without the need for Menuloader or Starfall.
Not for loading backed up GC games.

If you really want to play GC backups you can do 3 things.

1) Get a gamecube and use SD Media Launcher/SD Gecko to load ISOs/GCMs
2) Install Gamecube homebrew launcher and run SD Boot to load ISOs/GCMs using an SD Gecko.
3) Get a modchip for either your Gamecube or Wii and burn the ISOs/GCMs to DVD.

Edit: Anymone brave enough to open their Wii could try swapping discs just before the loader starts the game.
It's worth a try, even though it's VERY hard to get the disc out of there without casing long-term damage.
You'd just need a real GC game.

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Miles said:
Screemer said:
there is already a luncher for gc-games in wii-mode: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCBooter
My understanding is that is only for region free GC gaming without the need for Menuloader or Starfall.
Not for loading backed up GC games.

If you really want to play GC backups you can do 3 things.

1) Get a gamecube and use SD Media Launcher/SD Gecko to load ISOs/GCMs
2) Install Gamecube homebrew launcher and run SD Boot to load ISOs/GCMs using an SD Gecko.
3) Get a modchip for either your Gamecube or Wii and burn the ISOs/GCMs to DVD.

Edit: Anymone brave enough to open their Wii could try swapping discs just before the loader starts the game.
It's worth a try, even though it's VERY hard to get the disc out of there without casing long-term damage.
You'd just need a real GC game.

lmao. swap the discs before it loads...lol..thats so ghetto
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)