anybody knows an alternative for this R4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by MohammedQ.Aljubu, Dec 17, 2012.

1. MohammedQ.Aljubu
    OP

Newcomer MohammedQ.Aljubu Member

anyone knows any alternatives for this R4 ?
    I've been using it well but since Black and white 2 came out till now they didn't update... that's like 3 months :/

if anyone knows an alternative please provide a name/link for me :X

I tried setting up YSMenu but Idk which YSMenu is competable with this, same with R4 wood, so none really worked X_X

2. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    If neither YSMenu or the Wood firmware work then chances are, you have a fake R4. They tend to just be sold and the firmware developers just abandon ship.
    Anyway, a 1:1 R4 clone will work perfectly. An Acekard 2i is another great alternative and the Supercard DSTWO is the top of the line flashcart.

Follow this link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
    It'll take you to a sticky that's very handy and much much more thorough and accurate than the information I provided.

3. MohammedQ.Aljubu
    OP

I used many R4 clones but none would work o.o

the flashcard I'm using is the R4i 3DS Upgrade... I I remember my old R4 that I used for the old DS used to be a clone and it worked wood for clones perfectly and also YSMenu this one doesn't seem to work any of those even if it uses YSMenu o.O here I took screen shots of the firmware folder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  5. MohammedQ.Aljubu
    OP

Rydian -,- I already read that... that doesn't answer my question :|

I wasn't asking how to get new games to run I was asking if there's an alternative firmware I could use on my flashcard model because the website haven't been updating for like 3 months now :/

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You read it, but did not do it, which is why your problem hasn't been solved. :P

It DOES answer that question too, since alternate software is one of the ways people in your situation get new games to work. It links to both Wood, and the RGF updates for YSmenu (both alternate and updated softwares, and the YSmenu/RGF thread has lots of instructions for getting it to run).

7. MohammedQ.Aljubu
    OP

No, I did try them x.x didn't work and I'm not sure if I did it wrong (probably) or if it wouldn't work :/.