• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

anybody into cryptocurrencies and want to help the homeless?

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a site/project about a week ago since I have more free time now (I finished my final school exam of my life - I'm 33 yrs old and just finished my last year of classes in pharmacy).

This is something involving cryptocurrencies because I am pretty enthusiastic about them in general and wanted to do this for a while. I am just taking donations and buying food for homeless people near me - I don't care if people think this is not as efficient as say... a soup kitchen or something else. I think there are a lot of homeless that just fall through the crack for one reason or another and I have a strong feeling of compassion for them. I had some people close to me also go through homelessness and it really doesn't take much to help them through it.

http://cryptohomeless.home.blog

I got a small amount of donations already and have enough to go out a few more times. Already went out twice to give out food and posted pics! Anybody wanna help out? Doesn't have to be a donation - there are plenty of ways to get involved. Maybe you need some community service on your resume? Or maybe you just want to help those in need?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe get a few things for them, like clothes and a list of temp agencies. Maybe check craigslist and see if you can arrange things for them, such as using the "free" section.

Unsure of where you live, but giving people useful information can literally change their lives. I know Baltimore has a HORRIBLE homeless epidemic, but there are a decent number of services available for aid....and waiting lists, too.

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the donations start to ramp up I will definitely get clothes and extra stuff. Right now we have enough just for some food for a few trips.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to guess you're in CA, so

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/d/free-stuff/search/zip

Organizing a way to utilize all of this would be a little more beneficial. You'd be helping your community and the Earth by stopping these things no one wants from ending up as waste.

It's up to you, but I just gave you my two cents......which counts as a donation for my taxes (apologies, I started drinking early).

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to guess you're in CA, so

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/d/free-stuff/search/zip

Organizing a way to utilize all of this would be a little more beneficial. You'd be helping your community and the Earth by stopping these things no one wants from ending up as waste.

It's up to you, but I just gave you my two cents......which counts as a donation for my taxes (apologies, I started drinking early).
I’m in south jersey and go to Philadelphia for these trips. A lot of homeless people are there.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m in south jersey

megsfeet.png

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/d/free-stuff/search/zip

At least you could take stuff down with you. Maybe, you can organize with others in those areas.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.