Anybody interested in Shin Megami Tensei 1 GBA fantrad ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by HiD, Nov 28, 2016.

1. HiD
    OP

HiD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Canada
    I've been doing some rom hacking with this game to the point I have full control on what it's doing and displaying.
    I figured I could work on an english version of this one using existing english trads.
    I can put a few screenshots of proof of concept tonight (translation and rom manipulation).
    Cheers

SNES vs GBA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by HiD, Nov 28, 2016
  2. Red_Slash

Red_Slash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2009
    Brazil
    I dunno about most people (I take many don't even know SMT these days, Persona kinda stole the limelight from it in an unfair way) but I certainly would like to see the GBA ports translated, since they look cleaner and the interface is a lot friendlier. I don't know how I could help, but you can contact me if you think you'll need playtesting and such. Also, if possible I suggest you use the current demon family nomenclatures to ease the familiarity (and probably save some space).

Raidou likes this.
  3. mdtank

mdtank Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    Hungary
    I'm playing SMT4A currently and would love to see the GBA port being translated.

4. Raidou

Raidou Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    I would definitely be interested in a translation for the GBA version of SMT.

5. Truner

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Minor differences and sidequests aside, I'd say the PS1 version would be a better contender for a fan translation. With it looks better and all. If you do go along with this, Atlus USA has released an official translation for this version of the game on iOS. It's not emulation, but a port, but you can still probably use the script.

6. Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3

Sep 22, 2015
    United States
    I tried the snes version, and got horribly lost/ confused. but i'd probably be willing to play through a translation again.