Anybody in Canada able to do the NAND Hardware mod on my 3DS (Not XL) for me?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hasteroth, Aug 15, 2014.

1. hasteroth
    OP

hasteroth Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2012
    Canada
    As the title says I'm looking for somebody to do the hardware mod for me, I have the 4.3.0 NAND backed up but I hadn't read everything I should've and screwed up and ended up updating the sysNAND.

Basically I made a really stupid newbie mistake.
    So what I'm wondering is if there's anybody who would be able to do the hardware mod in this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/ for me? If possible something just like the one in this post http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/page-4#post-5063911
    I am not even remotely confident in my ability to pull this off myself.

Preferably someone in Canada (in Toronto ideally so I don't have to ship it) who can do this. I will pay shipping if needed and I am willing to pay for the work (within reason please).

If I'm breaking any rules with this I apologize.

2. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2014
    Canada
    I ordered the parts last week to get my co-worker to do one for me. It'll take another ~3-4 weeks to get the parts though. I'll see if he's interested in doing yours also. I'm in Winnipeg, MB.

For mine, I had a spare MicroSD reader laying around, so I'm getting him to do it all integrated. It'll be a Micro USB port in 1 corner, and the switch in the other corner. I have an XL, but the regular 3DS is the same thing, just with pinouts in different spots.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Just make sure your friend is aware that the standard 3ds is a more complicated job, he would either need to remove the whole motherboard to solder the clk point or remove the cartridge slot to solder it.......the Xl is much easier, so get your friend to read up at he knows what it involves first

4. AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC Pasta Team Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Italy
    Which clk point is better and easier, under card slot or on the other side of motherboard?

5. dbcopter

dbcopter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Under mobo is easier imho. Neither are rock hard for someone vaguely competent with an iron though.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah, but a relative beginner could do the Xl, I would say the standard 3ds would be more tricky unless you have done smaller soldering work before.......bear in mind most people in the forum have probably never soldered before, so whilst it might be easy to you or I, I have seen some bad messes from people trying to do it them.selves....ripped off pad, cut traces, messed up components, so personally I wouldn't play down the difficulty of the work as it will just lead people who have no/very little experience jumping in and wrecking their 3ds......which is not good

7. dbcopter

dbcopter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Completely agree, I've had to salvage some awful messes from folk who think it will be easy. I have over 20 years of soldering experience and I've seen some shocking abuses..... including jobs that were easier than the XL that still resulted in lifted pads and traces.

8. Sciduck

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    Bricked my 1st 3DS XL trying to mod it, in my defense I have bit of a tremor hand and soldering iron was untinnable. :lol:
    Now that I've found ways to 'ground' my hand and improved my heavy-handed care of the iron tip, soldering is a useful skill to have. Been able to add new jacks to headphones with bad connections, get some £100 IEMs for cheap by buying them broken and rewiring them and also improve a budget USB DAC by upgrading some components.