Anybody got a Resume?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need a resume and I'd like to go in town tomorrow and hand some off.

So I'm wondering if anybody can email a file of their resume so I can just put my own info in it. I used to be good at Resume's but that was years ago and I forgot how to do it properly and presentable.

Obviously delete your name and info and any other personal information.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can find resume layouts quite easily on the internet ;)
Just google: how to write a (formal, casual etc. ) resume.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Wants to work
>Too lazy too work on own resume

This bodes well.

It's not that I'm too lazy, it's that I totally forgot how to do it so it's presentable. I had an old resume that I used that became my planning teachers new example for further classes, but I've since lost that layout. The only time I've had to use a resume was back in 2008 or something.
I do. And it got me an interview for a job where I'm probably under qualified for.
Would you be willing to share? D:

I actually have to go in town today and I was going to do everything all at once instead of making multiple trips.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I gather you are not old enough to have to do an old man CV. To that end what is so hard about two pages, name and contact info at the top, statement (optional), experience, grades/education and then on the second page (some spillover if you have had a lot of jobs or relevant education is acceptable) for your hobbies and interests and a "references available on request" to cap it all? Use tables/framing if you want (I will have to check abiword but basically every word processor will have a basic template here), font - serif or sans just keep it the same throughout and not too fancy (if you must have suggestions Arial, Calibri or Verdana) and print on white a4 paper/make it able to be printed on A4 paper. Naturally you want flawless spelling and grammar throughout as well as a lack of slang save for when it is a field specific term.
If we are tailoring for it a role the do that (typically this means writing to highlight their key terms/words), if they ask you for something then do that (a lack of such a thing is typically a good way to generate a shortcut to the shredder) and if they ask for a certain format then do that.

*Disclaimer* though I have helped others put a CV/resume together using that format, quite successful in achieving their goals* no less, my personal one has never got me a job.

*in case nobody every told you a CV/resume does not get you a job, it gets you past the first round of screening.

Reactions: Rizsparky

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*in case nobody every told you a CV/resume does not get you a job, it gets you past the first round of screening.

Uh.. duh.

And not to mention, the places around here want resumes all put on one sheet. Like I said, I only had to type up one resume, and that was years ago. And I completely forget how to do it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was some place where I could type in something like "resume examples" and have a billion different resumes pop up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: