Hacking Anybody got a guide for PS3 4.81 REBUG update to 4.82 CFW for Dummies?

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As per title.

I am currently on REBUG 4.81 and wanting some advice on how to go about updating to 4.82.

Cheers.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Go to rebug.me, download you desired CFW, copy it to an usb stick formatted in fat32, folder structure should be PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.pup, install it (eject disc and remove other usb devices).

Last edited by Esdeath,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As per title.

I am currently on REBUG 4.81 and wanting some advice on how to go about updating to 4.82.

Cheers.

No, you don't need to do that. I am on 3.41 but update to REBUG 4.81 then download REBUG 4.82 and update it again. No problem. Been doing it for over 5 years. Loved Rebug team!

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn I actually didn't realise there was rebug 4.84. I just thought the latest would be 4.82 based on the tutorial available.

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok from what I've deciphered, I am on a CEX console (I only have two options when I click on System update) and I am currently on REBUG 4.81.

So I have obtained the REBUG 4.84.2 REX EDITION and now I just rename that file to PS3UPDAT.PUP and then install via storage media on the PS3?

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok from what I've deciphered, I am on a CEX console (I only have two options when I click on System update) and I am currently on REBUG 4.81.

So I have obtained the REBUG 4.84.2 REX EDITION and now I just rename that file to PS3UPDAT.PUP and then install via storage media on the PS3?
yes

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You re correct. Don't forget to install the latest REBUG_TOOLBOX_02.03.02. too. It is at Rebug and they released it separate if you didn't know that.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i been playing online everyday with my personal account and no banned.you need to make sure to use psn patch before you go online.

I totally forgot about psn patch. Without it, you will be banned. Makes sense. I thought you mean without it, impossible. LOL! Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...