Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks be to region free amirite?

I know absolutely zero japanese. I can't wait till I accidentally sell a plate because I don't know which button means "yes" or even which materials are plates instead of scales.

Reactions: NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I don't understand japanese , but have been playing the Japanese version exclusively since the first one, something about the japanese online community is much better than US/EU <_<

Reactions: Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand japanese , but have been playing the Japanese version exclusively since the first one, something about the japanese online community is much better than US/EU <_<
Sticking with japanese that long without understanding it is impressive. I can't imagine setting up G rank armor sets without being able to read the skills.

I'm relatively new to monster hunter with 3U being my first game. I've also actually never finished a hunt online in 4U because my net went to crap.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Sticking with japanese that long without understanding it is impressive. I can't imagine setting up G rank armor sets without being able to read the skills.

I'm relatively new to monster hunter with 3U being my first game. I've also actually never finished a hunt online in 4U because my net went to crap.
hehe , well I can read katakana, and after so long kinda got used to certain kanji, so I know what to look for, i wonder how long it would take this to come to the west

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting it!! I can't read Japanese, but when it comes to items, I'm sure an MH4G translation guide will work, plus I'm assuming the icons won't change either. I don't think anyone would make a translation for HANS since it's likely to come out in the west.

EDIT: I've also heard it's not difficult to get into the Japanese versions if you're familiar with the franchise already.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting it!! I can't read Japanese, but when it comes to items, I'm sure an MH4G translation guide will work, plus I'm assuming the icons won't change either. I don't think anyone would make a translation for HANS since it's likely to come out in the west.

EDIT: I've also heard it's not difficult to get into the Japanese versions if you're familiar with the franchise already.
I'm highly skeptical of a western release. We didn't get 4 until significantly after 4G came out, and that had a host of new things too.

I also think a HANS partial translation of all previously existing monsters, items, and skills should be pretty easy, so it should be worth doing.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
There would dedinitely be Let's Play videos floating around when this comes out just incase things get a bit confusing.
XD

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I want to, but a big part of MH4U for me is playing Online and all it takes is an update to hit MHX and be screwed out of that so I can't in good conscious spend money on it and well it means I have to not screw up homebrew on my device, only have Ironfall going if I update to latest which I need to access online now? I mean eShop blocked but I thought anything using NNID is so that includes MH4U :(

Also can't read Kanji or Kana or whatever it is that is used, I feel fairly confident I could navigate most of the game at this point having put so many hours into MH4U and with HANS you would think a Menu Translation patch shouldn't take long but still.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose someone out there can do the kindness of translating the menus at least.
Because HANS has made a lot of things possible XD

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to, but a big part of MH4U for me is playing Online and all it takes is an update to hit MHX and be screwed out of that so I can't in good conscious spend money on it and well it means I have to not screw up homebrew on my device, only have Ironfall going if I update to latest which I need to access online now? I mean eShop blocked but I thought anything using NNID is so that includes MH4U :(

Also can't read Kanji or Kana or whatever it is that is used, I feel fairly confident I could navigate most of the game at this point having put so many hours into MH4U and with HANS you would think a Menu Translation patch shouldn't take long but still.
MH4U doesn't require a NNID to access online. I doubt MHX will.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a MHX?

Well I personally never played a Monster Hunter game before so I may try it out with this one.
It's the next Monster Hunter. So far it's only been announced for Japan. They announced a TON of new stuff for it, so a lot of people who played the previous games are pretty pumped. I'm conservatively skeptical.

The MH4U demo is kinda alright if you want to try out the game. It's not the best first taste, but then again the demos seem to be aimed at series vets. Each weapon plays drastically differently, so if you pick the "wrong" weapon initially a lot of people get put off. I suggest trying them all for that reason unless one really clicks for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: