Anybody going to play MHX?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Arseface_TM, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Arseface_TM
    OP

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    Thanks be to region free amirite?

I know absolutely zero japanese. I can't wait till I accidentally sell a plate because I don't know which button means "yes" or even which materials are plates instead of scales.

NeroAngelo likes this.

2. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    I don't understand japanese , but have been playing the Japanese version exclusively since the first one, something about the japanese online community is much better than US/EU <_<

Arseface_TM likes this.
  3. Arseface_TM
    OP

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    Sticking with japanese that long without understanding it is impressive. I can't imagine setting up G rank armor sets without being able to read the skills.

I'm relatively new to monster hunter with 3U being my first game. I've also actually never finished a hunt online in 4U because my net went to crap.

4. ewin00

ewin00 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    Indonesia
    playing mh makes my circle pad broken, cant play that game anymore

5. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    Will play mhx, been studying Japanese XD I'm sure learning it as a third language is well worth it.

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I will play MHX when it comes to North America.

Pip'

7. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    hehe , well I can read katakana, and after so long kinda got used to certain kanji, so I know what to look for, i wonder how long it would take this to come to the west

8. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I'm getting it!! I can't read Japanese, but when it comes to items, I'm sure an MH4G translation guide will work, plus I'm assuming the icons won't change either. I don't think anyone would make a translation for HANS since it's likely to come out in the west.

EDIT: I've also heard it's not difficult to get into the Japanese versions if you're familiar with the franchise already.

9. Arseface_TM
    OP

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I'm highly skeptical of a western release. We didn't get 4 until significantly after 4G came out, and that had a host of new things too.

I also think a HANS partial translation of all previously existing monsters, items, and skills should be pretty easy, so it should be worth doing.

Selim873 and Februarysn0w like this.
  10. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    There would dedinitely be Let's Play videos floating around when this comes out just incase things get a bit confusing.
    XD

11. Februarysn0w

Februarysn0w School Idol Festival

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    of course Im will play MHX when it out.

yeah that is my most fevotrite game.

Last edited by Februarysn0w, Nov 12, 2015
  12. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I'll play it when it comes to the west. I've heard the west made up 20% of all MH4U sales, so there is a little hope they will try and speed up the localisation process.

13. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Seeing as you asked, no I won't. I couldn't get into 4u.

14. mqk9999

mqk9999 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    United States
    I'll be playing it after the inevitable menu translation patch

15. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I want to, but a big part of MH4U for me is playing Online and all it takes is an update to hit MHX and be screwed out of that so I can't in good conscious spend money on it and well it means I have to not screw up homebrew on my device, only have Ironfall going if I update to latest which I need to access online now? I mean eShop blocked but I thought anything using NNID is so that includes MH4U :(

Also can't read Kanji or Kana or whatever it is that is used, I feel fairly confident I could navigate most of the game at this point having put so many hours into MH4U and with HANS you would think a Menu Translation patch shouldn't take long but still.

16. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    I suppose someone out there can do the kindness of translating the menus at least.
    Because HANS has made a lot of things possible XD

17. digipokemaster

digipokemaster Innocent Uke

Aug 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    yes so going to buy it for both region 3ds consoles jpn and na i cant wait to play it

18. Arseface_TM
    OP

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    MH4U doesn't require a NNID to access online. I doubt MHX will.

19. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    What's a MHX?

Well I personally never played a Monster Hunter game before so I may try it out with this one.

20. Arseface_TM
    OP

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    It's the next Monster Hunter. So far it's only been announced for Japan. They announced a TON of new stuff for it, so a lot of people who played the previous games are pretty pumped. I'm conservatively skeptical.

The MH4U demo is kinda alright if you want to try out the game. It's not the best first taste, but then again the demos seem to be aimed at series vets. Each weapon plays drastically differently, so if you pick the "wrong" weapon initially a lot of people get put off. I suggest trying them all for that reason unless one really clicks for you.