Anybody else play Yugioh?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Schlupi, Jul 14, 2011.

Jul 14, 2011

Anybody else play Yugioh? by Schlupi at 3:38 AM (1,834 Views / 0 Likes) 37 replies

1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Hey Gbatemp. If you guys didn't know already, I play Yugioh cards (for making cash and for recreation). I have gotten really competitive (have several great decks, still making them better) and wanna know what kind of decks you all run. [​IMG]

I have an Ice Barrier Deck, Karakuri Deck, Six Sam Deck, Naturia Deck, and Dragunity Deck. If you wanna know my strategies and stuff I can list my cards (and maybe I can get suggestions for you guys).

I hope that some of you play. [​IMG]

2. pubert09

Member pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't play anymore, but I started watching the show again!!
    Quite entertaining!!

3. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    I hate six samurais, i always lose to them [​IMG] I use a Morphtronic deck to quickly tune Power Tool Dragon

4. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    I used to play ^^
    I still have...most of my cards. All I'm missing is my Relinquished summon card ;A;

I keep meaning to make a new deck again with my old cards, but I have so many ^^;
    And I can't remember what makes a good deck u_u

The rules are completely different to what they used to be, right?

5. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    I was curious about Power Tool. What exactly do you use with him? My friend has a Morph deck and his Power Tool is GREAT! What are you strategies with the Morphs?

My Six Sam isn't perfect. [​IMG] I have no Shi Ens yet...

6. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    I summon Scopen and i can special summon a level 4 morphtronic straight away, 3+4= 7 hehehe, then I use Junk Box til I summon 3 Power tools in 1 turn.

7. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i remember i used to love yugioh. I stopped playing 5 years ago but i still have all my cards. I'm planning on selling them, except for Exodia. I remember the first time i ever got yugioh cards my dad bought me all of Exodia's peices. I'll wait for a while until they're wort more than they are now.

8. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    If you plan on selling them, I will GLADLY hear what you have (and buy them off of you if I see anything good).

ALSO... THREE Power Tools? My God. :wtf:

@ Penis: Not really. They banned some old stuff (Pot of Greed, Envoy of the End, Yata-Garasu, you know, broken stuff) and added new types of monsters (Synchros and now Xyz) but the general rules are still the same.

9. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    I feel like having a webcam duel with somebody. Kind of like the Yu-Gi-Oh games, but you actually have to own the cards.

I'd get raped though. My deck works against my friends, but the second I go competitive, I lose. I have a deck planned out in Tag Force 5 and WC 2011, but I'm over $100 away from the cards I need. :/

I'll list the cards here once I get my PSP back from my friend or I get my Acekard back from my sister. Whichever happens first.

10. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i play yugioh.
    im currently running black wings and x sabers

11. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    Ok cool. [​IMG]

If you want to duel by webcam OR EVEN by the Yugioh DS game online, I can do that.

I only play online with decks I actually own the cards for. I don't care if it's a digital deck it's no fun unless I use my real one to me. [​IMG]

12. TehSkull

United States
    Webcam duel will be more likely, regardless of me getting raped. Just because I doubt my sister is ever going to give my Acekard back. I'll pick up another when I got some cash.

PM me if you wanna do that. I got some free time right now and my deck is handy.

13. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    I used to, but it kinda faded away. I can't follow the synchro crap anymore. Dammit.

14. shlong

Italy
    Yeah, I don't get what these are either [​IMG]

15. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Used to play 5 years ago, but stopped after I lost my "trunk" cards and got stuck with an uneditable deck.

16. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I haven't played for a while but the only deck I ever really made was my Five God Dragon Deck, which allowed me to summon 3 Five God Dragons very, very quickly, and very easily. Can't quite remember what I did to do it...i've got the deck saved on whatever yugioh DS game i've got on my DS. I just remember the deck being stacked to get me 3 Five God Dragons, and the means to keep them alive. It worked quite well too. I beat the shit out of all the AI opponents, and my friend.

17. TehSkull

United States
    I'm not sure how you'd get the cards in the graveyard so quickly off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are ways. Once you got em in the grave, it's as easy as using Dragon's Mirror. My trump card. [​IMG]

18. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    To clarify...

Synchro monsters are summoned via a smecial summon called "Syncro summoning" (that much makes sense).

You need to have ANY monster + any Tuner (a new type of monster) that equals the EXACT level of the synchro in question. Some synchros need certain types of monsters, too, like AQUA or Winged Beast, etc.

example: Stardust Dragon (8 stars, 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters)
    you can have a six star... like say, Jinzo (remember that asshole?) and any two star Tuner (I'll throw in Kagemusha of the Six Samurai as an example. You remove the two from the field at any time to "Synchro" for 8, and bring out Stardust Dragon.

The new Xyz monsters are MUCH more simple. They have a "Rank". You need to monsters with the same Levels as the rank you are trying to summon. So if you want to summon a 4 star Xyz you take two monsters you have at level 4 and you "Xyz summon" them; stacking the Xyz monster ontop of the other two. Xyz then have effect involving discarding said monster cards, like, "discard one Xyz material monster to negate an attack".

@ both of you: You're probably using "Future Fusion", to discard 5 dragons from your deck in order to bring out Five God Dragon two turns later; whilst protecting FF and FGD. My friend uses Red Eyes Darkness Metal, Prime Material Dragon, and Future Fusion in his dragon deck. MAN is his deck tough (it can easily take out the likes of "Top Tier" decks like Six Sams, Dragunity, Gravekeeper's, etc).

19. shlong

Italy
    O hey, I understand that [​IMG]
    Thanks Shlurpy :3

20. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    never mind didnt read all of schlupi's post