1. urbanman2004

OP urbanman2004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I finally modded my NGC w/ a XEN8 chip (clone) a week ago. On Fri, I received my 50-pack of mini DVD-Rs and I burned a bootable copy of SWISS to load homebrew .dol files from my SD card, those being emulators. When running FCE Ultra GX v3.4.7 or Snes9xGX v4.4.8, I get the error "Unable to locate a load device". As a result, I created the following folder directories "fceugx/saves" and "snes9xgx/saves" on the root of my SD card. When I restart either program, I then get the following message "Error Loading Device" so I click "Cancel" and then I'm presented with a lot of incoherent line items/gibberish within the current folder I'm brought to. So when I move 'up a folder,' I'm presented w/ the following media options: "SD Gecko A," "SD Gecko B," "DVD," and "Network". So I took it upon myself to troubleshoot by trying out the previous released versions of those emulators, and sure enough I was able to view the current folder directory from the root of my SD card, and successfully load roms. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem w/ the latest versions of FCE Ultra GX or Snes9xGX, but I thought I'd throw this out there as a precaution.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    SD2SP2?

3. urbanman2004

United States
  4. Shadow#1

United States
  5. urbanman2004

United States
  6. Shadow#1

United States
  7. urbanman2004

United States
    I'll probably be better off using the previous version releases of the emulators instead since the premise of me modding my device was to reserve my DVD for primarily booting SWISS and GBI while running emulator .dol files from my SD card and/or gcm files. I didn't anticipate for that incompatibility issue to occur w/ the current version releases of the emulators before installing them onto my SD card. The previous version releases will do for now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Directory, Snes9xGX, Anybody