anybody else had this happen to them

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ausdamn, May 29, 2008.

May 29, 2008
  1. ausdamn
    OP

Newcomer ausdamn Member

Australia
    Have bought about 5 acekard 2 devices over about a 2month span.. from 2 different suppliers at different times..

gave a card to a relative.. I put a 128mb microsd card in it.. dump firmware and some games.. plays fine for first day..

next day get a phone call saying this has come up on my scree.. system files missing.. i get them to put microsd card in pc to tell me if any of the system files maybe got deleted.. anyway card shows its full and yet no files including any of the games show up on the PC.. format the card.. dump stuff back to it.. so far so good..

2nd card i give to another relative plus get them to buy a 4gb sandisc microsd from retail store... works good first few days.. BOOOM a phone call few days after telling me there is an error on my screen saying system files missing.. while on the phone i step them thru putting microsd card into an sd adapter and again card shows full yet no files are there to view.. got them to format the card and that was about 4 weeks ago now.. so far no call back saying this error has come back..

3rd card..
    same deal as 2nd card. 4gb microsd (sandisc from retail store).. its a legit card..

4th card.. i thought id put my R4 away and try a card that supports SHDC so i got this acekard 2 for myself.. again 2 days later.. same thing happen to me..

5th card..

why is this happening?? does anyone know.. any tips i should know?? i.e format microsd card in vista..? or a specific program? fat/fat32 and what file allocation size for which size card?

anyone able to help me.. anyone had this happen to them? or experience something like this?

thanks in advance

2. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This has happen to me but on my supercard. I assume that the Acecard is somehow bricking up your micro sd making it totally useless now. I am not positive but that is where I am leaning towards. It bricked up.

3. ausdamn
    OP

Newcomer ausdamn Member

Australia
    also happen to me twice on my 8gb sandisc..

i dred going on holidays and this happen to me.. is it vista not formating card correctly? why does it happen when i have securely kept the system files on the root and the games 2-3 folders in.. microsd root:\GAMES\DS\mario.nds for example

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sometimes this happens if you have all your games on the root of your microSD card (there is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root of a FAT filesystem). I know that's not the case with ausdamn, but it may be causing the problems for others.

Also, make sure you have plenty of free space on your microSD card for save files.

You might also try using the Panasonic formatter program to format your microSD cards. The Windows "format" command isn't really intended to format microSD cards.

-Bri

5. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I heard something a couple weeks ago before the competition started that there was problems with some new batchs of Acekard 2's. I think its in the topic "AceKard 2 quiz soon" (or something around those lines).

6. Bri

United States
  7. ausdamn
    OP

Newcomer ausdamn Member

Australia
    but none of these problems i read match mine.. 2gb card full of games. reads for first few days.. then boom!! "system files missing" large blue words..

put microsd card in PC and shows card as 1.76gb used.. but no files are on the card to be selected even though they are there..

same thing happened on my 4gb and 8gb microsd cards.. i dont want to have to refund money when i've sold these to relatives..

this morning i took the advice left in this thread to try the panasonic formatter tool.. will have to see how it pans out days down the track.. (this was a 2gb card).. have ye to reformat my 4gb and 8gb cards.

8. Bri

United States
    Most people recommend formatting 4GB and lower cards using FAT16. Larger microSDHC cards have to be formatted using FAT32.

-Bri