Anybody else feel that the cyclo has a shorter batter life than most f

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by JJBro1, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I recently got my cyclo and before i had an r4 and now it seems like my cyclo doesn't last as long as the r4 and im on the lowest brightness. Anybody else feeling the same way?

2. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No. I have quite a few carts, and the DS's battery life does not seem shorter while using the Evo compared to the others.

3. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don't feel that the Cyclo reduces battery life, but then again I haven't actually timed it...

4. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    You've already asked about this multiple times on the CycloDS forums, and we've told you multiple times that there is no real difference in battery life. Making a topic here will not change the answers you receive.

If it's really annoying you then you should be able to send it back to the store you got it from for a replacement.

5. sirus

Newcomer sirus Member

United States
    ive used cyclods and r4ds, and i think the cyclods has a better battery life.

6. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You've got your answer, now stop annoying the hell out of the internet and either get a replacement DS/Battery or a replacement Cyclo.

7. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    lmao u guys are one here too?

8. MadBob

Member MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

United Kingdom
    We're on here all the time and also on the TC Forums [​IMG] no problems with battery life on my CycloDS. I have DSTT and R4 as well and they all seem about the same.

9. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Is it possible that you switched to a microSDHC when you went to the Cyclo? Perhaps the battery difference is between microSD and microSDHC?

I switched from R4 to Cyclo, and using the same microSD cards, I see no noticeable difference in battery life.

10. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    ya i did go to SDHC but i switched put the SD memory card from my R4 into my Cyclo and the Cyclo lasted the same time as it did with the SDHC.

11. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    R4 just drains battery in sleep mode. I don`t know about the Cyclo yet though...

12. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I previously owned a Supercard Lite and now have a CycloDS Evo, and there's not that much of a difference...

What's the big deal about a short battery life anyway?
    How often do you actually take your DS Lite outside and play until the battery's drained?
    It's not like 10 years ago when we had to buy new batteries every time or couldn't play while they were being recharged...
    Just hook it up to the AC/DC adapter when you're not playing [​IMG]

13. xCuteBunnyx

Member xCuteBunnyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol, dont pay attention much to him.
    i think he just wants attention.

any my answer: not much difference.

14. JJBro1
    OP

United States
    no i want different answers from different people but apparently the same people from the cyclops forums are also here.

15. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    What if you're in a situation where you will be nowhere near a power outlet for several hours? I have a feeling most of us take our DS systems on plane/bus/car rides.

In two weeks I will be in a situation where I will be on a bus for 8 hours, spend 8 hours doing activities, then drive back for 8 hours. My DS has an average battery life of somewhere around 4 hours, which is only 25% of the time I'll be on the bus. To remedy this, I had to hack together a device that lets me use standard AA batteries to recharge the DS.

Of course battery life is important on a handheld. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

16. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Car chargers, USB wall adapters, Portable USB chargers that run on AA's, spare DS batteries to name a few, there're tons of ways you can charge up the DS.

17. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's still inconvenient to have to constantly worry about when the battery is going to die. I had an old-school original GBA up until I bought my DS, and the difference was astounding as far as battery life goes.

What if you just want to take your DS somewhere and don't want to lug around 15 power adapters?

Then again, maybe I'm a unique case. I bought the cell phone I did specifically because it had decent battery life so I wouldn't have to charge it every single day. Perhaps most people are fine with that.

18. techforumz

Member techforumz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah just get a charger like this one:

19. vergessen

Newcomer vergessen Advanced Member

United States
    jjbro please stop with the same post on every forum you go to. It is obvious by now it is not card design. So either you have a bad card or a bad card, either fix one of those two things or move on.

20. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This kid has been badgering around the official forums for a while whining about the same thing, claiming that he has a "new" (probably heavily previously used) DS lite, and just cannot accept that most of us can get c.18h with lowest backlight setting and c. 8-10h using WiFi apps.

Additionally another user did a sleep mode test and got over 31h in sleep mode.

Not to mention that the GBAtemp reviews were pointed out and their battery runtime with a ROM on the Evolution v. the retail cart...