Hacking Question Anybody bricked with the fake sx payload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
OP
Trophies
XP
Because i THINK i might have... Stuck on Nintendo Switch screen forever and ever. All i remember is an easter bunny. Just realized i lost my backups.

EDIT:
Okay, so not many people are aware of what this payload actually does.
It does not replace your entire nand with garbage (that would be a huge waste of time) it just overwrites your gpt and part of your PRODINFO. Due to the fact that your PRODINFO is console specific, there is no way to recover without a NAND backup.

If anyone wants to check to be sure, the source for this payload is at
https://gitlab.com/iAmOG/PozzNX
It is a modified gptrestore with three multipliers, making it restore the gpt further into the nand then it is supposed to, all the way to your PRODINFO which causes an unrecoverable brick (Without a NAND backup.)
If you have a NAND backup, you can use real gptrestore and hekate to fix your switch by restoring said NAND backup. Everyone else affected by this... You're screwed.

Last edited by Deleted member 373223,
Reactions: wurstpistole

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT JULY 23TH

Fake SX OS "cracked" Payload bricks the Switch. Can't boot Horizon, can't get into maintenance menu.
RCM works. Only way to restore is a full raw NAND backup. Got none? Get a new Switch.
Building and flashing a firmware with ChoiDujour does not work.

Payload still up and around! Beware of ANY Payload not posted by original creator, downloaded from github/releases or built yourself.

Okay, so not many people are aware of what this payload actually does.
It does not replace your entire nand with garbage (that would be a huge waste of time) it just overwrites your gpt and part of your PRODINFO. Due to the fact that your PRODINFO is console specific, there is no way to recover without a NAND backup.

If anyone wants to check to be sure, the source for this payload is at
(LINK REMOVED)
It is a modified gptrestore with three multipliers, making it restore the gpt further into the nand then it is supposed to, all the way to your PRODINFO which causes an unrecoverable brick (Without a NAND backup.)
If you have a NAND backup, you can use real gptrestore and hekate to fix your switch by restoring said NAND backup. Everyone else affected by this... You're screwed.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: Maximilious

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
OP
Trophies
XP
Anyone got a clue if it's possible to fix withouth backup? Lost my system backup, my hard drive broke and i had forgot to re-backup. Maybe figure out what it does and undo it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones...