GCN Any Xeno gc chip mods

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to mod a Xeno gc modchip?

For example; to play files out of a external devices such as a SD card by installing a sd adapter into it (like Xeno Fusion, but using another adapter that isn't Wiikey/WASP Fusion)?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

For example; to play files out of a external devices such as a SD card by installing a sd adapter into it (like Xeno Fusion, but using another adapter that isn't Wiikey/WASP Fusion)?
You mean like a ODE? Not with a $4 modchip. All it does is patch reads from the drive.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It's not that simple. Stuff like that requires extra hardware in order to read data off the SD card and translate it to disc drive commands in realtime.
Stuff like Wiikey Fusion uses a CPU running a small OS (possibly Linux based) that needs to be fast enough to do this in realtime, which is why they cost a lot more.
Like Exeat said, you can do it with Swiss, but you'll need a SD Gecko or equivalent device.
The Qoob Pro actually has the option of flashing homebrew to the chip, so you could load Swiss directly on boot off the modchip itself, and it would be a more seamless experience that way, and feel more like the SD loading was built into the modchip, but as the Xeno GC is cheaper it doesn't have that functionality to my knowledge. You can still load it off a disc though.

Mc123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, I found this thread: Wii DVD Drive into a Gamecube page 2 on gc-forever forum (Google it cause I can't post the link)

Also, the reason I'm asking this is because any other non-xeno gamecube modchips are getting rare and I was wondering if they was any other ways to boot multiple backups on other rewritable medias.

Also Swiss might get updated after a few months and I don't really want to always change DVD-R everytime this happen.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, I found this thread: Wii DVD Drive into a Gamecube page 2 on gc-forever forum (Google it cause I can't post the link)

Also, the reason I'm asking this is because any other non-xeno gamecube modchips are getting rare and I was wondering if they was any other ways to boot multiple backups on other rewritable medias.

Also Swiss might get updated after a few months and I don't really want to always change DVD-R everytime this happen.

If you want to boot directly into a game (without additional steps like loading swiss), from anything that is not a disc, be patient in the hunt for a non-xeno modchip.

A standard xeno can only run discs.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also forgot to mention you can find people with them on assembler games. You just gotta ask around and someone should have a non-xeno. Other day found someone selling wasp modchips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)