Any X-Rom Owners here

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by knocturnal, Jun 7, 2007.

Jun 7, 2007

Any X-Rom Owners here by knocturnal at 7:45 PM (836 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. knocturnal
    OP

Member knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i was just wondering how many x-rom owners are here. I've had one since they were released (my first flash card) and I've always been plesed with mine and I'm shocked that they didn't take off. Other than the bulky transfer cable I've had absolutely no problems with this card at all. The fact that you can load just a single rom on it and a GBA/DS recognizes it as the original game and not a flash card (used for DS to gba connectivity) was great. (works flawlessly with my m3 simply and games like pokemon, Lunar knights, Mega Max Zx and Advance wars that give you bonuses for having the GBA cartridge in the slot of a particular game)

But for some reason they just didn't sell as well as other flash cards to the point where they aren't being sold or made anymore from easybuy2000 (just the cords). I'm guessing it's because they came out some late in the flash card market for the GBA and with the DS on the horizon it never caught on and it never had a large community in the emulation field to talk about it.

So where are all my X-rom people at!

2. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    My cousin has one... He has a DS-X, too...

3. djgarf

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

United Kingdom
    i gotta a couple of x-roms knockin around somewhere
    they are good carts but never really took off cus of the software (although costellos front end r0xed)

4. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I sold mine ages ago... The slow write times pissed me off.

The X-ROM was the first cart we/I ever reviewed! Good ol' easybuy2000 [​IMG]

5. knocturnal
    OP

Member knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do agree the write times sucked but I thought to myself at least it takes less time than I would have to work to afford all of the games I would be playing on it.

6. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they didnt take off cause they were never in stock. ezb2k always had stocking issues, and i swear theybe been back ordered for 2 years now.

i read some speculation that there was some legal issues because nintendo has a patent on the GBA boot cable, which the x-rom cable violates.

the only reason i really _hated_ my x-rom was because the batterie was non-rechargeable, and would always die, and constantly replacing it is a complete b*tch