Hacking Any word on Rebug for 4.81?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't usually like these kinds of threads because they suggest impatience, but all has been quite quiet regarding this.

Do we know if a Rebug for 4.81 is even being made? It's tempting to switch to an alternative CFW using 4.81, but I'm also very happy with Rebug and would rather not fiddle.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually like these kinds of threads because they suggest impatience, but all has been quite quiet regarding this.

Do we know if a Rebug for 4.81 is even being made? It's tempting to switch to an alternative CFW using 4.81, but I'm also very happy with Rebug and would rather not fiddle.

There is NO JB/CFW above options for consoles above OFW 3.55. Unless you see it at youtube, it is a lie!

Unless you are on OFW 3.55 or 3.41.

I am on 4.80.1 rebug and still waiting for rebug 4.81. :)

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the Brazilian exploit, but then for PS3?
Anyways, it may be just me, but I see gbatemp exploding if some new related Nintendo stuff comes out lol, and not other consoles ^^

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think people are misinterpreting my post. I know there's no exploit for PS3 above 3.55. I have a CFW PS3 with Rebug 4.80.1 and wondering if we should expect Rebug 4.81 or switch to another CFW.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Why want to update to 4.81 CFW?, since it offers nothing new to the table in terms of playable games. I still use Rebug 4.75.3 Rebug.

Most of the time the Rebug team need a DEX (dev) official firmware to dump and decrypt before REX (retail) ones are done. They may not have 4.81 to hand.

Last edited by retrofan_k,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why want to update to 4.81 CFW?, since it offers nothing new to the table in terms of playable games. I still use Rebug 4.75.3 Rebug.
There's no actual reason as such, aside from the convenience of being on the latest firmware. I've just not heard anything suggesting that Rebug are even working on a 4.81 version.

I've actually never used a CFW for PS3 aside from Rebug so I'm not really comfortable switching to another CFW which might lack some of the features I've come to take for granted.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most of the time the Rebug team need a DEX (dev) official firmware to dump and decrypt before REX (retail) ones are done. They may not have 4.81 to hand.

People just like the idea of "new".

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best/safe tool to use to get back online? I've seen many like sen enabler or psnpatch for instance.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
There's no actual reason as such, aside from the convenience of being on the latest firmware. I've just not heard anything suggesting that Rebug are even working on a 4.81 version.

I've actually never used a CFW for PS3 aside from Rebug so I'm not really comfortable switching to another CFW which might lack some of the features I've come to take for granted.

Leave it as it is, if you like Rebug's features. Personally, I like the "Fake Save Data Owner" option, which I find useful a lot of the time.

Reactions: sj33

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People just like the idea of "new".
I don't think it's fundimentally different to, say, people wanting to be able to use the latest 3DS firmware when using Luma.

But as has been said, 4.81 doesn't really add anything. Just wondered if we had heard word from the Rebug team regarding this.

Last edited by sj33,

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

Same. Been thinking about switching to Ferrox, but I think I can wait another month for 4.81 REX...
I think it's pretty safe to assume they're working on it.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just spoof with the latest version of sen enabler, works great. All the latest homebrew is easily found with a quick google search.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
just spoof with the latest version of sen enabler, works great. All the latest homebrew is easily found with a quick google search.
You could, but it's not recommended since FW 4.81 added a new certificate, which means it's more likely you'll be banned if you spoof.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dev of SEN enabler said that 4.81 has a new certificate and suggested people rather go online with a 4.81 CFW rather than spoofing, if you want to be extra precautious.

Actually I would like to ask what is best CFW alternative aside rebug? I love rebug but I just got a "new" CFW PS3 and I want to setup my PSN account to it and all, for that reason I need newer CFW because I am just that much more precautious about it. Plus I can just install rebug 4.81 when it comes out... IF it comes out.

I remember last time something like this happening that they at least released RebugLITE or something... But now this does not seem to be the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: So much drinking from @K3Nv2