Hacking Any word on a BRAND NEW M3 client/OS?

Remy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, after seeing the DS-Link's OS/client I really wanna see the M3's software improved. Does anyone know if the M3 team is working on it?

Just wondering

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Remy is commenting on the interface.
The M3 has an ugly and outdated interface IMHO.

The DS-Link is much nicer looking but still could be better. Touch screen support is something many people seem to want.

I personally quite like the EZ4 interface, Touch screen and GBA loading from the DS menu is very nice. Skins look great on it.
I like the game icons though and it doesn't support them. Using the skins requires patching the firmware and flashing it for any new skin.

I'm waiting for one company to get it right...

At least the M3 menu isn't as bad as the supercard
wink.gif

The client software for the M3 is pretty ugly too. DS-Link isn't much better.

Again I like the EZ4 client. It's skinnable and looks quite nice. It is also very simple to use without all the options of the M3 client, that can be taken as a plus or a minus.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I see nothing wrong with the m3 interface. i've skinned mine, and it looks very good. granted, when everyone turns my DS on for the first time, they keep poking the screen and saying it wont work, so touch support would be the shit. but the interface itself is not slow or ulgy (if you reskin it) IMHO. but i've never had a flashcart before this one, so i have nothing to compare it to.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess I just expect a DS flash cart to have more of a DS look and feel to the interface which the M3 hasn't got. And that ugly arse default skin! why oh why don't they use a nicer one for default!?

The Client is just plain ugly though. I have no idea why so much chinese made software trys to pull off a Microsoft "Corona" (think media player) theme. But again it's all just personal opinion.

It would be the best thing if some of the flashcart makers would open source their firmware and allow others (not me I have no idea what to do) to create new interfaces.
Let the homebrewers go nuts! Maybe it is not really possible but I think it would be great.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I want 2 incredibly simple things implemented in the M3 software.

1. Remember if I have an SD/CF.
2. Remember default output directory.

It pisses me off that I have to choose both each time I launch.

TmB

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love:

1. Touch screen support.
2. Quick Load of last played game (so if EBA was the last game I played, holding down something like L+R while switching on would automatically load that game)

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'd like them to just port the G6 interface to M3.

I use my m3 a whole lot more than my g6 because of superior build quality, that and i don't want to go through the hassel of replacing my g6 if it dies again.

Default screen would display games with touch interface. That would be really nice.

Skinning the current interface can only go so far....

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
In my opinion, they should completely scrap the current firmware and start a completely new one. But oh well, since it works, I'm fine with that.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the G6 menu the best as well. The M3 interface is not bad especially with the NES Red skin however touch support really would help make it just that much better and of course if I am only using 1 save...don't ask me which save to load. I really think they perfected the G6 loader. I have eno problems with any client....maybe my computer is to fast but they all just seem to boot up for me....

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The interface sucks. The best interface on a flashcart is the G6 and the DS-Xtreme. One screen and no-touch screen support is just lazyness in my book.

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be cool if they removed the normal interface, and add the same "nds/gba/homebrew" loading stuffs from the orginal to moonshell
smile.gif
then it would be neat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr