any windows 7 apps/services make my ram full and very slow.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sathya, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Sathya
    OP

Sathya never thinking to be smart!

Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    finally i was install windows 7 proffesional. in four days my laptop is very fast. and somedays i wan to install internet explorer 11 and windows says you must restart your computer and i do it. after that when start up, i see wimdows update until finish. but i think why this laptop rather slow?? trying to open task manager and i see my ram is two gb and used 800 mb. i dont understand and trying to open recours monitor and.... oh my god 1.6 gb used for windows service host and any wi dows services! i dont know how to stop it. please reply:D

2. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Get more ram?

3. Sathya
    OP

Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    no. nomally wimdows only need 380 mb. not 1.6 gb.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Windows RAM usage scales to the amount if RAM available, up to a maximum of 3.4GB (that I've seen). The rest takes place on the swap file, so you don't really see it happening in Task Manager but you can feel it happening from how slow it becomes.

So... nothing here surprises me. 3GB is recommended for 32bit, 4GB+ is recommended for 64-bit Windows 7.

5. Sathya
    OP

Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    i think not like that. because for win 7 profgesional like me normally only 600 mb. Max