Hacking Any way to virginse a 4.1U Waninkoko updated Wii?

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*virginise sorry,

Is there? Can you give me the apps needed, and what I delete, mod, reinstall, etc. can anyone help? I got to ge off soon,
blink.gif
so, any help?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yyhhggtt said:
*virginise sorry,

Is there? Can you give me the apps needed, and what I delete, mod, reinstall, etc. can anyone help? I got to ge off soon,
blink.gif
so, any help?

Why do you WANT to virginize it? If your reason is wanting to "start over" or start fresh or something I'll tell you right now not to bother. If you have a good reason to I'd like to know.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wanna virginese mine 2, Wii super slow xD ( CIOSCORP ) and The Conduit when I go online when I spawn it takes me to a dark or brown place where I can see explosions FAR away I duuno why so I wanna make it a virgin to see what happens

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well pretty much everything just installs over themselves, so what I would do is first run the cIOS rev14 installer and have that do a fresh install so you're sure you're on that, then run dop-IOSv7 and scroll through all of the IOS's there. If any of your IOS's are missing or not what the most recent official version is, have dop-IOS install the most recent one and skip the sig hash check patching (except for IOS36 and IOS60 patch sig hash check in both of those and ES_Identify when it prompts for that) If you do install IOS60 through that and you have preloader, you will likely have to reinstall preloader afterwards to fix a system menu is corrupt message so you would need to hold reset to boot into preloader and do that as well.

At that point you KNOW you have a fresh set of up to date IOS's, cIOS rev14, and preloader installed. Any other patching to IOS's you have done such as CIOSCORP or any other IOS wad's installed would have been overwritten by those official IOS's you just installed with dop-IOS.

Your sig says you already have bootmii installed to boot2 and as an IOS, but if that is an older version you may want to just run the beta 0.3 installer and have that install bootmii again and if you want to install/uninstall dvdx there you can. (Actually I think for now beta 0.2 is more stable and solid so if you have that one you might wanna just stick with it.) Then make a fresh NAND backup of your Wii at this point.

If you're not sure what other cIOS's you may have installed other than Waninkoko's you can run AnyTitleDeleter and delete the IOS's above 200 that aren't IOS249/250 or 254 (which is the cIOS rev14 you just reinstalled and a backup install of it, and bootmii as an IOS respectively.)

Other than that there really isn't that much else you could have modified on your system that that wouldn't have overwritten or deleted. (except maybe like MIOS or something if you did anything with GC backup loading.)

Edit: Oh and also any wad channels and such that you installed would still be there. If you want to get rid of any of those, you would need the wad you used to install them (well not NEED but would make it easier) and then just uninstall it with wad manager. If you deleted any channels you installed through the Wii's data management, the ticket for that channel would still be on the Wii so if you want to get rid of that you would have to go back and use the wad to uninstall it fully or use AnyTitleDeleter to find the ticket ID of whatever channel it was and have it delete it (though that would require knowing what it was that was installed and possibly the ticket ID of it if it wasn't something like a known VC/Wiiware game or something).

On that note, DO NOT UNINSTALL ANY IOS/SYSTEM MENU WAD'S YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.