Any way to use GC-port mats on a Wii U / Wii Family Edition?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by oji, Dec 6, 2014.

1. oji
    OP

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    I have both the Wii (with a GC ports) & the Wii U game consoles so I wish to pack the first one in a box & put it on a shelf. But I really love to play Active Life (aka Family Trainer) series as well as a DDR titles. They both are use a specific game controllers - dance mats connected using a GC ports. As all of you know there are no such a ports in a Wii U nor in a Wii Family Edition which is sad. But as a Nintendo's GC adapter is out now is it possible to add it's support to a cIOSes? In that way so a Wii (vWii) will recognize attached devices (dance mats, GC pads).

While Nintendont is already supporting this adapter I can use both of my bongos & ddr mat controllers in a GC games which is great. Wish there will be a solution for a Wii titles too.

2. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France
    i think nintendont recognize the GC adaptator... So GC game can use it... maybe vWii will support it soon ?

oji likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice