Any way to update from 4.1 to 4.2 now?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Norkusa, Jun 22, 2010.

Jun 22, 2010
  1. Norkusa
    OP

Newcomer Norkusa Member

United States
    My friend just gave me his Wii to softmod. It's on 4.1u right now and I want to get it to 4.2u before I start the mod. I thought my legit New SMB Wii disc had the 4.2 update on it but I guess it doesn't because I'm not getting the update screen when I put it in.

Is there any way to update to 4.2 now without having to buy/rent a newer game with the update on it? Only legit discs I have are NSMB Wii and WiiFit Plus. Or does it even matter? The only reason I wanted to update from 4.1 was it'd have better compatibility with newer games via USB Loader. Will 4.1 play games just as good as 4.2 does? [​IMG]

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you follow the guide in the stickies like you should, it has an update package for you to update everything you need to 4.2.

Besides, the ONLY thing 4.2 did over 4.1 is attempt to remove homebrew. It added absolutely nothing beneficial.

3. Norkusa
    OP

Newcomer Norkusa Member

United States
    Thank you! I guess I missed that when I was reading the sticky threads earlier.

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    You can download System Menus of any version using NUS Downloader. Pack them into wads, install the appropriate System Menu-required IOS, then install your System Menu wad.