Hacking Any way to transfer >6.x saves to GW ??

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If not, do you think we will be able to in the near future? How about the not so near future?

I'm talking about retail saves and games such as smash or pokemon or older titles like zelda, and not on classic mode?

Reactions: Gapdii

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not, do you think we will be able to in the near future? How about the not so near future?

I'm talking about retail saves and games such as smash or pokemon or older titles like zelda, and not on classic mode?
You can do it right now with a n3ds and cubic ninja. Check out NTR CFW 2.1

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please tell us the detailed process.
Copy contents of NTR download to your SD, and copy the save plugin to the plugin folder.

Scan QR in Cubic Ninja to boot NTR.

Insert the game with the save you want to decrypt.

Hold L and launch the game. The screen flashes green to indicate a successful save backup. Press A to continue loading the game, then hit home and quit.

The backed up save is placed in a folder with the game's title ID as the name. Place the save where SaveDataFiler expects it to be to be able to import it.

Boot into gateway mode, run SaveDataFiler and follow the onscreen instructions to first delete the secure value, then import the save to your .3DS or installed version.

Edit:
You have links to the threads the details can be found there. Plan on spending some time learning about the process.
A much better idea. "Teach a man to fish..." and all that.

Gapdii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Copy contents of NTR download to your SD, and copy the save plugin to the plugin folder.

Hold L and launch the game. The screen flashes green to indicate a successful save backup. Press A to continue loading the game, then hit home and quit.

The backed up save is placed in a folder with the game's title ID as the name. Place the save where SaveDataFiler expects it to be to be able to import it.

Boot into gateway mode, run SaveDataFiler and follow the onscreen instructions to first delete the secure value, then import the save to your .3DS or installed version.

Edit:

Thanks. I already knew about NTR and Save Plugin.

I wanted to know extra process :)

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit:

I believe that, in this case, you're giving him the fish. Teaching him to fish would be teaching him how to figure out the process on his own.
Not that I think writing out an explicit guide is a bad thing. Guides are always good!

Pestilence204

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that, in this case, you're giving him the fish. Teaching him to fish would be teaching him how to figure out the process on his own.
Not that I think writing out an explicit guide is a bad thing. Guides are always good!

Why learn how to fish when there are people out there who'll just spoon feed fish to you all day long?

Reactions: Zidapi

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
NTR + old3DS doesn't support converting 6.x saves.
You need to buy a new3DS for this purpose.

There are no hardware or software other than NTR + save plugin + new3DS support converting GW save into 6.x retail save.

For tutorial, if no one asks me, I'll not answer.
If somebody asked me, I wouldn't answer until he/she paid for it.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
At least right now. There isn't any technical reason I can see why it shouldn't be possible to port NTR to old3DS, or create some other software for dumping saves.
Also, can't you dump saves on 9.x sysNAND with SaveDataFiler, downgrade to 4.5 and restore them? (If I understood the question correctly)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least right now. There isn't any technical reason I can see why it shouldn't be possible to port NTR to old3DS, or create some other software for dumping saves.
Also, can't you dump saves on 9.x sysNAND with SaveDataFiler, downgrade to 4.5 and restore them? (If I understood the question correctly)
I suppose. NTR 1.0 already exists for the old 3ds. NTR 2.0 is n3ds only. Both old and new would be required for your solution.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this talk is confusing me. So is there any way to do it on the old 3ds?

Looks like the answer is no, unless there is a version of NTR that works for the old3ds on NAND 6.0 or above, and is compatible with the save plugin.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this talk is confusing me. So is there any way to do it on the old 3ds?

Join the club. It depends on a lot of variables: sysnand and emunand version, encryption used by game, if it has or has not been played on new console, old vs new 3ds etc. drinking an $80 bottle of wine right now so I am not going to even try.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    I guess you can say that's cool
  • brouh @ brouh:
    lmfao when i said alright bet i meant i will do it lol
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Deal of the day: Snoop Doggie Doggs Deluxe Pet Jersey with Original Snoop Graphic Print https://a.co/d/jkePl02
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Does come with some of his product? Lol
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It's already scented so your dogg can have a high time
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Damn Lenovo still hasn't shipped my Xbox
    +1
    Lenovo ships Xboxes?! I though Microsoft does that.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You do realize other companies ship consoles right
    +1
    Correct. To other redistributors.
    Didn't know that Lenovo sells them also.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lenovo is a redistributer
    +1
    Nice to know that
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Cheapest I found $230 tax/s&h
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Sihuuu Taco Holder Stand set of 2 - Holds up to 3 tacos in each Taco Tray - Sturdy, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe https://a.co/d/6FFlct5 What kind of tacos are even in those racks
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's that, ham and cheese?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I often stick some ham and cheese in a tortilla and toast it but I wouldn't dare call it a taco.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I guess ice cream in a taco is still a taco
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The product placement in the fantasy football movie is werid it starts out with a psp then goes to the series x
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a fantasy football movie?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I bet you can't believe it's about Madden
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I can't believe it's not butter.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lebron James did help produce it so it can't be that shit right
  • cearp @ cearp:
    kennie'snewname is now the old name???
    cearp @ cearp: kennie'snewname is now the old name???