Hacking Any way to test if my OoT cartridge going to work with exploit?

chris_247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So gamefly sent me OoT and it will be here within the next day. I have an old 3ds with gateway set up. Is there anyway to test if my cartridge will work before I go out and buy a n3ds?

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
So gamefly sent me OoT and it will be here within the next day. I have an old 3ds with gateway set up. Is there anyway to test if my cartridge will work before I go out and buy a n3ds?

Just restore the save to your OOT cart. If it comes up corrupt on your old 3ds, it wont work (but you should try the save i uploaded if that's the case).

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit works on the old 3ds as well as the new one. Just run it and see.
It does? You sure about that? That's the first time I have heard that. Tried it on my old 3DS and nothing happens when I hit A in the hut. Yes using 3.1 launcher and 9.5 emunand. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? It works fine on my 3 n3DSs

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It does? You sure about that? That's the first time I have heard that. Tried it on my old 3DS and nothing happens when I hit A in the hut. Yes using 3.1 launcher and 9.5 emunand. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? It works fine on my 3 n3DSs

i guess it doesn't work for you because you are trying to load it in emunand, but on sysnand i guess it would work fine

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess it doesn't work for you because you are trying to load it in emunand, but on sysnand i guess it would work fine
Damnit cearp you got me out of bed at 4AM to go debugging. Well you must have the Midas Touch because it doesn't work for me. 9.2 sysnad 9.5 emu old 3ds the game locks up the system when I hit A. Same behavior as if I tried to run it in emunand on the new 3ds. Damnit again, I put it to sleep in sysnand. :hateit:

Are you sure about this? Have you personally run the OOT exploit successfully on an old 3ds? Even the gateway manual says the old 3ds and 2ds need to run the browser exploit and the OOT is for the new. We all know Sony doesn't make mistakes. :)

This forum is full of people still bitching about the browser exploit and debating if they should downgrade to 4.x. I haven't heard one damn peep about the death of the browser exploit. You would think there would be a few dozen threads titled "Hip Hip Hooray!"

chris_247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of time came in today. I restored the save that gateway provided and tried it on classic mode on my old 3ds. the game loaded in and I could see link standing there and when I pressed A my game froze. Does this mean it should work with the n3ds?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of time came in today. I restored the save that gateway provided and tried it on classic mode on my old 3ds. the game loaded in and I could see link standing there and when I pressed A my game froze. Does this mean it should work with the n3ds?
I have no idea if it means it should work with the n3ds but that is the same behavior I get when if I start it withou the launcher.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ocarina of time and Cubic ninja methods don't work on the O3DS. Straight from gateway's website (2015.03.15) >Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.

Anyway, your save data doesn't show as corrupted, it should work. Be aware that you need Zelda every time you launch the exploit. Unless you are planning on buying that copy from gamefly or you are swapping out a personal copy with that one, you may need to think of another plan.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are in the hut then the save works with the cart you have. Whether the exploit works on your console is a different story. As long as you meet the requirements you should be good to go.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ocarina of time and Cubic ninja methods don't work on the O3DS. Straight from gateway's website (2015.03.15) >Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.

Anyway, your save data doesn't show as corrupted, it should work. Be aware that you need Zelda every time you launch the exploit. Unless you are planning on buying that copy from gamefly or you are swapping out a personal copy with that one, you may need to think of another plan.

Doesn't gamefly allow you to buy the games you rent from them?

Reactions: thorasgar

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what firmware for the old 3DS is compatible with the oot exploit? I tried with two of my 3DS and I'm not having fun yet.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
None :
NOTE: Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.If we get enough interested users we will consider implementing it for the Classic 3DS too.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1