Hacking Any way to stop 3DS asking to update?

speedy2721

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to stop the 3DS from asking to update every time I turn it on? I'm worried I might hit Ok on accident.

I already have parental controls on and my wifi is turned off, so would hitting Ok even do anything?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to stop the 3DS from asking to update every time I turn it on? I'm worried I might hit Ok on accident.

I already have parental controls on and my wifi is turned off, so would hitting Ok even do anything?
I think that's what the parental controls are for in the first place. No, I believe it would not allow an update by anyone without the PIN # you entered before. This includes game updates as well.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The update is on the SD, you can delete it from there, not sure which file it is though.

I think that's what the parental controls are for in the first place. No, I believe it would not allow an update by anyone without the PIN # you entered before. This includes game updates as well.
I read that that was disabled, parental controls do not stop updates anymore, they're just used to stop the system from getting online.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update is on the SD, you can delete it from there, not sure which file it is though.

I read that that was disabled, parental controls do not stop updates anymore, they're just used to stop the system from getting online.
Really? Was that before or after 4.5?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idunno' the specific version, all I know is when it happened we saw more people that ended up updated because advice like "Don't go online" is too complicated for them to handle.

By any chance do you have the article that states this? Maybe we can tell by when it was posted.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Same as what I heard, the recommendation to put on parental settings was apparently just to stop yourself or someone else using your 3ds from accidentally going online and updating. The parental controls themselves just being there to stop you from adding a connection to begin with.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
By any chance do you have the article that states this? Maybe we can tell by when it was posted.
There was no article, we just ended up with a bunch of threads here of people complaining that they updated their systems and wanting to downgrade even with parental controls on.

Like the above poster said, nowadays people are just saying to use the controls to make sure the system never goes online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.