Hacking any way to speed up freeshop downloads

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im using free shop at the moment and i see the downloads a like 730kbs per sec i have a faster sd card than that mine is rated at 95mbs per sec and i know my network isnt that slow at all sowhats holding it back does anyone know

theplasmastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bottleneck is the 3ds cpu. it gotta download and place the file somewhere while at the same time "unzip" the file and install its contents

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Move closer to the router, disconnect other devices from the network. The 3ds is slow at downloading anyways though so it may not help.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hey im using free shop at the moment and i see the downloads a like 730kbs per sec i have a faster sd card than that mine is rated at 95mbs per sec and i know my network isnt that slow at all sowhats holding it back does anyone know
I get like 1600kb/s on my n3DS. If you're on an o3DS that's probably why it's slower for you.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem ; using my phone as a modem with 4G I usually go between 10 and 15 Mbps while downloading on Steam for instance. FreeShop on my O3DS never goes faster than 500kbps, it's ridiculous.

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
You can download the games you want to your computer with my website by the funkeycia tool. After downloaded it's CIA format so you can install it with FBI like normal. The installed games is just like the game you installed with freeshop and has legit title keys.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually created a thread asking this very same question.
Bottom line is, 3 things are lacking in the 3ds hardware causing the slowdowns (assuming your internet or SD isnt at fault):

Slow WiFi card
Slow CPU
Slow write speeds to the SD from internal reader

The combination of all 3, plus the fact that it has to constantly switch between download->unzip->install makes abysmally slow installs, on some USB v1.1

But I suppose we can't have our cake and eat it too, so most of us just queue up a bunch of games, then leave it overnight

Last edited by Sketchy1,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download the games you want to your computer with my website (snip) by the funkeycia tool. After downloaded it's CIA format so you can install it with FBI like normal. The installed games is just like the game you installed with freeshop and has legit title keys.

You should delete that link. Links to piracy sites are not allowed. You'll get banned.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download the games you want to your computer with my website by the funkeycia tool. After downloaded it's CIA format so you can install it with FBI like normal. The installed games is just like the game you installed with freeshop and has legit title keys.
Yeah bruh, you breaking dem rules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.