Hacking Any way to shrink an ISO?

Rul3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Xenoblade Chronicles X downloaded, and I want to put it on my SD to convert it into a USB game (1 terabyte USB, but 16 GB SD card), any way I can make the Xenoblade Chronicles X game smaller (used uTicketLoader) to make it fit on my SD card so I can convert it to my USB drive?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Xenoblade Chronicles X downloaded, and I want to put it on my SD to convert it into a USB game (1 terabyte USB, but 16 GB SD card), any way I can make the Xenoblade Chronicles X game smaller (used uTicketLoader) to make it fit on my SD card so I can convert it to my USB drive?
The wup download size is the smallest size possible. Not possible.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Rul3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wup download size is the smallest size possible. Not possible.
So the 19.5 Gigabyte game from using uTicketLoader is the smallest I can make Xenoblade X? Meaning basically, I can't get the game at all unless I get a bigger SD card? I can't just straight out put it on my USB then load it from there?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
So the 19.5 Gigabyte game from using uTicketLoader is the smallest I can make Xenoblade X? Meaning basically, I can't get the game at all unless I get a bigger SD card? I can't just straight out put it on my USB then load it from there?
You can't, that's not how it works.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nope, this is the only method available at this point in time.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a bigger sd card yes.

You can't put it on the usb because the wii u formats it so nothing other then the wii u can read it. Putting it in your pc will tell you to format it which will lose all your games. The wii u will force you to reformat it when plugging it in

Rul3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't put it on the usb because the wii u formats it so nothing other then the wii u can read it. Putting it in your pc will tell you to format it which will lose all your games

Crap, well... thanks man.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't put it on the usb because the wii u formats it so nothing other then the wii u can read it. Putting it in your pc will tell you to format it which will lose all your games. The wii u will force you to reformat it when plugging it in

I have one more question, how would I access Red titles in uTikLoader? I heard to use RedNAND? What is this?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, well... thanks man.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have one more question, how would I access Red titles in uTikLoader? I heard to use RedNAND? What is this?
Rednand is like a cfw. It has sig patches and can run unsigned dlc and eshop games.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-complete-rednand-guide.446878/
This will get you started. Take note that rednand has a chance of bricking your wii u during setup so be careful.

dyerseve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe @Yardape8000 can answer this, or someone more knowledgeable about wupinstaller, but couldn't you possibly take the 3 title files and split the app and h3 files, pairing them off (i see the largest one is 3GB so shouldn't be too hard to just split a few files off to fit on the 16GB SD Card, install that, use the function to remove the sdcard then load up the remaining files and just run the install again but with different files. I glanced at the source but can't really determine how these files get stored on the wiiu.

If the names of the files have any meaning on the wiiu itself, you could possibly do this by "installing" the game twice, but having different files to install each time, they're still part of the same titleid so I'd imagine it might work, but I wouldn't risk my own console testing this.

Update:
From another thread:
[Yardape8000]: One thing to remember, the program does not do anything special. All it does is pass a folder name to the Wii U MCP functions. If there is an error, it is because the Wii U is reporting that there is something wrong with your files or destination.

So time to buy a bigger card I guess.

Last edited by dyerseve,

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe @Yardape8000 can answer this, or someone more knowledgeable about wupinstaller, but couldn't you possibly take the 3 title files and split the app and h3 files, pairing them off (i see the largest one is 3GB so shouldn't be too hard to just split a few files off to fit on the 16GB SD Card, install that, use the function to remove the sdcard then load up the remaining files and just run the install again but with different files. I glanced at the source but can't really determine how these files get stored on the wiiu.

If the names of the files have any meaning on the wiiu itself, you could possibly do this by "installing" the game twice, but having different files to install each time, they're still part of the same titleid so I'd imagine it might work, but I wouldn't risk my own console testing this.
Doesn't work that way. WUPinstaller does not and can not do anything but pass the whole expected file to the Wii U. It can only pass a string of the full path to the install folder.
Same reason it can use FTP, etc.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jbuck1975

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool. And I din't mean to come across as entitled in my post, I was just surprised nobody had done it yet, unlike the PS3 and Xbox filesystems.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why buy that one when the 64GB sandisk is the same price? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010Q588D4/
Mostly because Komputerbay is too much of an unknown brand to be counterfeited. Here's a Samsung 32gb for $10, but I believe I bought an EVO and it fails after about 2gb is written to it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOB6Y5Q/

But the prices overall do seem to be a lot lower than I expected. possibly because Black Friday is approaching, but I'm not going to sift around to avoid counterfeits.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Mostly because Komputerbay is too much of an unknown brand to be counterfeited. Here's a Samsung 32gb for $10, but I believe I bought an EVO and it fails after about 2gb is written to it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOB6Y5Q/

But the prices overall do seem to be a lot lower than I expected. possibly because Black Friday is approaching, but I'm not going to sift around to avoid counterfeits.
I usually buy all my SD cards at Walmart when they go on clearance, even some Samsungs go on clearance on occasion. I can't say no to a 32GB EVO for $5, it's just not happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.