Hacking Any way to run COD3, Metal Slug, Far Cry?

ATRochie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen that games Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, HOTD and Redsteel are all working with the ALT DOL method, so why are these other games COD3, Metal Slug, and Far Cry not working?? Has anyone figured out a workaround???? Just let me know. I'm going to try some tricks today and see what I can figure out...

ATRochie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright after some testing, I have gotten the following games to play successfully..

Medal of Honor heroes 2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
RedSteel
The House of the Dead 2 and 3

Anyone had any success with COD3 or Metal Slug 6, or Far Cry?!!

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hark said:
How do you do the alt dol method with Metal Slug 6?

Actually, that game doesnt work in the disk version and thats why you must patch it to IOS 249. Buggy MS5 its because of the USB Loading. MoHH2 gets buggy too.

ATRochie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
metal slug 6 definitely works with the alt dol method. It was the first game I tried it with.

Which DOL file do you use out of the metalslug ISO?? I was having a hard time trying to figure this one out....Is this kind of like HOTD where when you run the alt dol, only metal slug 6 will work?

So basically from what I've gathered, the only games that will not run via USB are COD3 and Far Cry.....everything else runs great on USB now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...