Any way to restore corrupted DSIII save?

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So yeah, my PS4 decided to crash mid game, and my save got corrupted. Is there any way to recover the save, or am I SOL and lost 70 hours worth of time?

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, my PS4 decided to crash mid game, and my save got corrupted. Is there any way to recover the save, or am I SOL and lost 70 hours worth of time?
Well, in most cases, yes, I'm super sorry. It's happened to me in EVERY Borderlands game. Are you running retail or a hacked system? If retail, your PS+ account may have auto uploaded your save to the cloud. But I don't know how recent it would be.

Reactions: nasune

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm running a 5.05 with hen 2.1.4, but I don't have a backup (obviously no PS+, an when I want to copy a backup save to one of my USB sticks it complains about not being able to access DNS for some god forsaken reason).
At this point I'm even hesitant to play one of the others (mainly Bloodborne, since I do have the others on other systems) on my PS4, since I can't backup my saves, and don't want to lose progress in those too. If I do have to start all over agin, I'll be doing so on my Xbox One instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a 5.05 with hen 2.1.4, but I don't have a backup (obviously no PS+, an when I want to copy a backup save to one of my USB sticks it complains about not being able to access DNS for some god forsaken reason).
At this point I'm even hesitant to play one of the others (mainly Bloodborne, since I do have the others on other systems) on my PS4, since I can't backup my saves, and don't want to lose progress in those too. If I do have to start all over agin, I'll be doing so on my Xbox One instead.
are you account activated? if so, and it's still doing it, try save mounter. don't open a game, and make sure you only copy over the files minus the sce_sys folder.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a corrupted save in Bloodborne, and I easily have 800+ hours in it. Or at least the retail version of it.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
are you account activated? if so, and it's still doing it, try save mounter. don't open a game, and make sure you only copy over the files minus the sce_sys folder.
So, I tried that, and it fails to mount the save. The program itself seems to be working with most other saves though, since I tried it with Bloodborne and managed to extract the save (although the extracted save is only 14.4 mb rather than 37.something mb, which is kind of weird). I did manage to get it with the save downloader thingie on PS-Phoar though, but I'm not sure how helpful that is.

I've never had a corrupted save in Bloodborne, and I easily have 800+ hours in it. Or at least the retail version of it.
True, mine never got corrupted either, but I can't say that I ever had a corrupted DSIII save before either. I'm just paranoid now.

Reactions: Rikua

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the save may be irretrievable then. if it's truly corrupt, I don't know what you can do. can you export it? if it errors there, it's probably gone.
Out of curiosity, would you happen to know if there is a DSIII save editor for PS4 available? He might want to use that if there is such a thing, to just get back to where he was, or at least the items lol

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've restarted the game (on my Xbox One this time). So, yeah, I guess that's it. Still, thank you guys (and I genuinely mean that, you didn't have to help and did so anyway, so thank you very much).
Not a problem man, losing save data is the absolute worst. (love your avatar btw, its from The Skull Man right? Good stuff lol)

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not a problem man, losing save data is the absolute worst. (love your avatar btw, its from The Skull Man right? Good stuff lol)
Yes it is, and yes it is (loved the show when I saw it, but I haven't seen it since even though I do have the DVD). Luckily I'm currently in the endgame for ng (just Soc and the DLC left) . Which means that I'm almost *sigh* 20% of the way to be where I was.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it makes you feel any better, I lost all saves on my switch, including one with over 100 hours in octopath traveler (at my final chapter 4), when my original switch's nand got corrupted. I was legit too, so there was no way of salvaging the saves. wish I had been an nso member, then I would've been saved. that's the main reason I am one now actually.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if it makes you feel any better, I lost all saves on my switch, including one with over 100 hours in octopath traveler (at my final chapter 4), when my original switch's nand got corrupted. I was legit too, so there was no way of salvaging the saves. wish I had been an nso member, then I would've been saved. that's the main reason I am one now actually.
Nah, that just makes me feel worse for you. That sucks a lot, so here's to hoping it won't happen again.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it was terrible. luckily, the system was still under warranty. I now own four switches, and aside from one joycon on the Mario red and blue switch dying, I've never had a problem with any of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse