Hacking Any way to remove the Sys CFW/Stock boot Hekate icons?

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any way to remove the Sys CFW and Stock icons from Hekate? I really don't want to accidently click on them instead of EmuMMC

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit hekate_ipl.ini located in the bootloader folder on your SD. Though just a warning, if your emuNAND for some reason is not there, it will resort to booting sysNAND instead. Currently I don't believe there's a way to force it to not boot if there isn't a valid emuMMC

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean editing them? I think you must edit something in the sourcecode and compile it yourself. It's "Nyx" you need to edit. I would ask in the main Hekate thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Here are the files btw: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/tree/master/nyx/resources
No, hekate launch options are entirely dictated by hekate_ipl.ini. You can change the icon image, make different launch options into different icons, or remove some of them entirely.

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, I mean removing them, so I can't accidently click on them and risk going online with CFW on my SysNand
Oh sorry, I miss understood. Well I guess the best way is what @TheCyberQuake said if so. You can actually do an autoboot to emummc with hekate, but I would suggest you change background on your sysnand if so. Plus put 90DNS or remove the wifi settings on your sysnand.

No, hekate launch options are entirely dictated by hekate_ipl.ini. You can change the icon image, make different launch options into different icons, or remove some of them entirely.
I learned something new today :)

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Cyberfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would also like to know how to delete the SysNand and stock OFW from Hekate launch menu.

Just like the OP I'm afraid that someday might just accidentally click the sysnand.

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping this thread: I removed all entries except EmuMMC. If for some reason, the EmuMMC disappears, would it boot automatically to stock even if I didn't toggle autoboot? Thanks

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i am little confused here, why would there be EmuMMC, SYS CFW and stock sys in Hekate launch screen?
emuMMC boots into CFW separate from the sysNAND, SYS CFW has CFW running on the sysNAND, and stock sys boots right into stock. emuMMC is if you want to essentially "dual boot" to keep the sysNAND clean, SYS CFW is if you don't care about getting banned, and stock sys is useful because you can bypass fuse checks if you use an old nand backup.

3ds player

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC boots into CFW separate from the sysNAND, SYS CFW has CFW running on the sysNAND, and stock sys boots right into stock. emuMMC is if you want to essentially "dual boot" to keep the sysNAND clean, SYS CFW is if you don't care about getting banned, and stock sys is useful because you can bypass fuse checks if you use an old nand backup.

emuMMC - Load homebrew app
Sys CFW - if i don't care about getting banned, i can do system update to latest firmware and go online, yeah?
sysNAND - Keep the OFW as is? can i do system update to the latest firmware to go online?

Sorry, did i get it right? cheers mate

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC - Load homebrew app
Sys CFW - if i don't care about getting banned, i can do system update to latest firmware and go online, yeah?
sysNAND - Keep the OFW as is? can i do system update to the latest firmware to go online?

Sorry, did i get it right? cheers mate

emuMMC is a copy of your sysNAND. You keep emuMMC offline so that your actual sysNAND will be clean to Nintendo and you will be able to play your legit games online on your sysNAND.
Sys CFW is making your sysNAND dirty, so if you don't care about getting banned then you can use this option, and ignore the emuMMC button.
SysNAND is booting into your original untouched firmware.

Like I said before, if you use emuMMC, it will be sort of a dual boot system. emuMMC will be dirty, and the sysNAND will be clean. If you want to keep your sysNAND clean, don't ever press the Sys CFW button.

3ds player

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC is a copy of your sysNAND. You keep emuMMC offline so that your actual sysNAND will be clean to Nintendo and you will be able to play your legit games online on your sysNAND.
Sys CFW is making your sysNAND dirty, so if you don't care about getting banned then you can use this option, and ignore the emuMMC button.
SysNAND is booting into your original untouched firmware.

Like I said before, if you use emuMMC, it will be sort of a dual boot system. emuMMC will be dirty, and the sysNAND will be clean. If you want to keep your sysNAND clean, don't ever press the Sys CFW button.

What puzzled me is why is a need for sys cfw to start with.

Yeah, unfortunately, i have pressed sys cfw, but my switch has never go online.

Do i have to update sysNAND to the latest firmware to play legit games online?

Thank you

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What puzzled me is why is a need for sys cfw to start with.

Yeah, unfortunately, i have pressed sys cfw, but my switch has never go online.

Do i have to update sysNAND to the latest firmware to play legit games online?

Thank you

If you want to stay safe, restore your nand backup, then update to the latest firmware. You can remove the SYS CFW button in your hekate.ipl file if you want to make an emuMMC instead.

Reactions: 3ds player

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: