Homebrew Question Any way to remap GameCube controller in current Atmosphere? (0.18.1)

evm_daredevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, as the title says, I just bought the USB GC adaptor and it works like a charm for Smash and most games with remappable buttons, but I'm disappointed to see that the stock feature to remap isn't supported for the GC controllers.

I did search these very forums and google and came across with HID-Mitim which has this feature but it is seemingly broken in current Atmosphere (just to be sure, I actually tried every release and not a single one seemed to work). Is there any way I can fully enjoy the many 3D Platformers on Switch with my favorite controller that doesn't involve buying the 8bitdo wireless adaptor?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, as the title says, I just bought the USB GC adaptor and it works like a charm for Smash and most games with remappable buttons, but I'm disappointed to see that the stock feature to remap isn't supported for the GC controllers.

I did search these very forums and google and came across with HID-Mitim which has this feature but it is seemingly broken in current Atmosphere (just to be sure, I actually tried every release and not a single one seemed to work). Is there any way I can fully enjoy the many 3D Platformers on Switch with my favorite controller that doesn't involve buying the 8bitdo wireless adaptor?
hid-midm is dead. The replacement is Sys-Con, but it doesn't seem to support GC controllers.

Reactions: evm_daredevil

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if you did something convoluted, like usb adapter in pc with gamecube controller connected then convert to xinput somehow then send it across to the switch via sys-hidplus?

Reactions: evm_daredevil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)