Any way to recover from soft brick pstv?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ayanekochan, May 20, 2017.

1. ayanekochan
    OP

ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Got another pstv to upgrade and play new games, but wanted to get rid of the annoying featured tab before running a system update.

I followed this guide and stupidity deleted the folder because vita shell kept freezing when I try to rename it.
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-remove-the-featured-screen-on-pstv-vita-tv.11095/

Now pstv boots to black screen. I've tried holding down the power button when I insert the power cable, but I just see the light blink twice and then nothing.

Anything else I can do to try to recover it?

2. ayanekochan
    OP

ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Ok never mind, false alarm. I kept trying to power on and off and it booted normally now. Henkaku and everything seems to be working too! And the featured tab is now gone so no more trying to get rid of it and crashing the system again.

Mods please delete thread. Thanks!

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Most things on vs0, generally speaking, won't result in a brick if modified/deleted.

Just a future warning, os0 is where system files that really matter are, messing around there without knowing what you're doing could easily result in a brick.

pauloedsonjk likes this.