Any Way to Play Mega Man X on the DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ShamusHand, Nov 2, 2008.

Nov 2, 2008
  1. ShamusHand
    OP

Newcomer ShamusHand Member

United States
    [​IMG] I've tried all SNES DS emulators and patches, and I can't get either Mega Man X, X 2, or X 3 to run properly on the DS (whether the game doesn't load, the level select screen freezes, or everything is garbled). I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me how to run any of them on the DS, they're my favorite games of ALL TIME.

P.S.: I know there are somewhat similar versions of Mega Man for the DS, but they aren't anything like Mega Man X.

2. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

SNEmulDS will run Mega Man X (1.1 is advised). X2 and X3 will not and never will run on a DS, they use special DSPs that the DS isn't powerful enough to emulate.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I thought X2 and X3 ran, but didn't display any sprites, since that's what the coprocessor handled in those games? Haven't tested either of them myself, but I'm sure I remember hearing that.

4. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    When I tested Megaman X (1.1) on snemulds it ran almost perfectly, you might have to mess around with layer orders though.

5. El Blacksheep

Member El Blacksheep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when i played MMX on my ds, the INTRO stage worked perfectly. but the water stage displayed almost nothing and was completely unplayable.

EDIT: and i agree with you 100%.
    megaman z for the GBA is inferior to the x series in every way.
    zx is an improvement over z, but still too similar to the inferior GBA series than the X series.