Hacking Any way to parentally-control a hacked Switch?

MonkeyJug

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, what is stopping you from using the normal parental controls?

You can't set a playtime limit in the settings. It can only be done via the app. I didn't think the app would work as the Switch has been hacked? Is that assumption wrong?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The regular parental controls suck ass and are severely lacking in controls. For instance, I want to be able to restrict ALL software on my switch, unless I enter a pin. But the closest I can get to that is locking down any titles with ratings above E10+. So every game I have is pin-locked except mario kart 8. If a thief steals my switch, they can still play that. I want a system-wide setting to lock down all apps and games, or individual apps and games. THAT would be parental controls done right. Schedule playing times, password-protect the settings page, and maybe even a Switch locator, so you can use wi-fi coordinates to find the system if it gets lost or stolen. Remote lockdown would also be great, and this could all be fixed with software.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular parental controls suck ass and are severely lacking in controls. For instance, I want to be able to restrict ALL software on my switch, unless I enter a pin. But the closest I can get to that is locking down any titles with ratings above E10+. So every game I have is pin-locked except mario kart 8. If a thief steals my switch, they can still play that. I want a system-wide setting to lock down all apps and games, or individual apps and games. THAT would be parental controls done right. Schedule playing times, password-protect the settings page, and maybe even a Switch locator, so you can use wi-fi coordinates to find the system if it gets lost or stolen. Remote lockdown would also be great, and this could all be fixed with software.
I found setting the restriction to anything over 3+ works for every game (unless they make an EC game for switch of course.)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put the dock up high somewhere. Like the chimney.
Kids can be very creative to reach high places. Then they break their necks when they fall down. So maybe not the best idea. The best parental control is to actually take away the Switch from the kid when you feel he has played enough.

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kids can be very creative to reach high places. Then they break their necks when they fall down. So maybe not the best idea. The best parental control is to actually take away the Switch from the kid when you feel he has played enough.
This. Combined with if you go play it without permission you loose it for x number of hours or days.

Just thought of a novel use for autoRCM. :rofl2:

Reactions: Jayro and Dust2dust

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I also wondering on this.

The "App" is not working for me. Im on Emunand and banned.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Iam in the same dilemma. I use atmo and emummc. I want a easy way to set playtime limits. But the switch can't connect to Nintendos servers so the mobile app is useless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+