ROM Hack Any way to modify B/W wild encounter rates?

Frogles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean by encounter rate is the overall rate in which you encounter pokemon, not the rates at which certain pokemon appear. PPRE lets you do this for HG/SS but I haven't found a tool (or anything for that matter) to help me do this with B/W. Thanks! :)

Frogles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if a ROM hack can do it, but you can probably find an AR code for it, then cheat-patch the ROM with it, like a trainer.

none of the encounter codes so far have worked for me ;(

I think Kazo's BWWE tool supports that, though the effect wasn't as noticeable as I was hoping when I tried it...

I checked out his tool and changed "rate" for the first route from 8 to 1. It's definitely doing something as I'm able to walk a very high number of steps before I get into a battle...sometimes. Other times it seems like the normal rate.

btw really nice job on sacred gold/storm silver. im currently playing it and really enjoying the changes.

Frogles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks but it's not exactly what im looking for(unless you know something about it that i don't). im not 100% sure about what its doing but it seems like it just increases the maximum amount of steps you can take before a battle.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you mean edit encounter rate table, just using kazo tools or another tools for that (i not using 1 tools :P),

if you mean edit condition every block table rate just see on header on every route table,

if you mean edit encounter rate run, like you walk 10 step, randomly you will batle with wild pokemon, is arm stuff, is same as nickname ...

haahaha goodluck for finding that :P

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the general encounter rate for b/w is 8%(1% on the step after a battle). what do you want to set it to?

Frogles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused by your percents because they seem awfully low compared to the amount of battles I actually get into. In HG/SS most of the percentages were 15-20. I changed the grass encounter rates to 10%, and the cave/water rates to 5%. If the percents you gave me are indeed correct, then theres NO WAY B/W uses them in the same way that HG/SS does, because then I'd be getting encounters less frequently than in the soul silver game I modified (which is certainly NOT the case).

If I could slash the rate in half across the board, then I think that would be OK, but there's either something wonky about the way B/W handles percents, or the way that kazos tool modifies them.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm talking about the actual encounter rates, like when the game takes a random number 0-99 and checks to see if it's less than 8 to start a battle. you seem to be editing encounter tables, not the actual odds for a battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol