Hacking any way to load wii u games off usb?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Cyan,

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't mislead this poor man by telling him USB Loadiine access will come with IOSU, because that's a straight lie. It depends on how much access any future exploit will give us, if we'll be able to access USB.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
if we ever get the iosu exploit, what format will it be in? is it gonna be like the kexploit, files that u can load from a website?
Who knows? Stuff like this is always different. Could be anything really; HBL elf, RPX (Loadiine), USB key, browserhax, anything.

Reactions: Deleted User

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried a SD wifi card to load games?
also there are adapters SD to USB but not sure if anyone has tried them

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried a SD wifi card to load games?
also there are adapters SD to USB but not sure if anyone has tried them
If I'm not mistaken, there's a thread about how to do self contained Loadiine with a WiFi card, and I think people have tried the adapters and have found that it either doesn't work well, or it's not worth it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on the difficulty if there was a new exploit I might just stay on loadiine. Yeah it's a bit annoying to do the exploit every time (and the fact that it doesn't work every single time) but if it was a modchip or something that requiring soldering I'd just stay with loadiine all the games I want to work already work on it and the Wii U is nearly dead.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate when people are so eager to declare products as dead. It won't be "dead" until we as a community stop caring about it, and until Nintendo stops supporting it. This system is going to live at the very least to 2018, that's a year and a half right there.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about releases there's basically Paper Mario (even it some are afraid will be Sticker Star 2 and suck) and Zelda. Look at a release date list for other systems you see 30 games for Wii U you hardly see anything you may be sensitive to it but as far as it being supported by legit developers it's nearly dead so I stand by my statement. It was a flop sales wise that's why NX is about 6-8 months away from hitting stores.

Wii U Games

1. Detailed List View
  2. Condensed List View
  1. PONCHO
    tbd
    • User: tbd
    • Aug 18
  2. Tumblestone
    tbd
    • Aug 30
  3. Shooty Space
    tbd
    • Sep 1
  4. Touch Selections
    tbd
    • Sep 8
  5. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    tbd
    • Sep 27
  6. Paper Mario: Color Splash
    tbd
    • Oct 7
  7. SteamWorld Collection
    tbd
    • Oct 11
  8. Skylanders Imaginators
    tbd
    • Oct 16
  9. Just Dance 2017
    tbd
    • Oct 25
  10. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
    tbd
    • Jan 27
Unexciting list other than Paper Mario to me which I have doubts about, Zelda will be great only reason I say "Nearly dead" and not "dead" for the most part first party is what matters with Nintendo. Zelda will also be on NX and might be better on it they are only putting Zelda on Wii U to not piss off Wii U owners just like Twilight Princess with Gamecube/Wii.

Last edited by ,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't mislead this poor man by telling him USB Loadiine access will come with IOSU, because that's a straight lie. It depends on how much access any future exploit will give us, if we'll be able to access USB.
It's possible with IOSU, but I highly doubt anyone working on an IOSU release would even want to do that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah it's a bit annoying to do the exploit every time
I don't understand users who give that excuse.
I don't see what's the issue here.
You HAVE to launch the homebrew anyway, it's not launching loadiine for you by using your mind.
you HAVE to launch it, like "click on an icon on your gamepad" then why not just click the browser icon to load the homebrew?

set wiiubru.com as default page, and the browser will automatically load the homebrew launcher at launch without even showing you any option or webpage on screen.
you would not even know you are launching an exploit, because clicking on the browser just loads HBL. it's like launching HBL without launching an exploit, the only issue is the icon looks like the web browser instead of a HBL icon. if you don't like it, it's just placebo.

click browser --> homebrew launcher
where's the "annoying launching exploit every time" located in that step compared to Wii or vWii with permanent exploit installed : click an icon --> homebrew channel?
icon selection->HBC is not annoying to me. that's even easier, you don't have to install anything on the console and it's kept clean.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
For all those who are saying "NO".
He asked if there's any way to load games through USB.

The answer is actually YES!
But first we need an IOS Exploit to gain access to USB devices.

It's not a lie, an IOS exploit will literally give us the permit to access USB devices.
Just like how Kernel exploits give us access to RAM/memory.

Reactions: Deleted User

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand users who give that excuse.
I don't see what's the issue here.
You HAVE to launch the homebrew anyway, it's not launching loadiine for you by using your mind.
you HAVE to launch it, like "click on an icon on your gamepad" then why not just click the browser icon to load the homebrew?

set wiiubru.com as default page, and the browser will automatically load the homebrew launcher at launch without even showing you any option or webpage on screen.
you would not even know you are launching an exploit, because clicking on the browser just loads HBL. it's like launching HBL without launching an exploit, the only issue is the icon looks like the web browser instead of a HBL icon. if you don't like it, it's just placebo.

click browser --> homebrew launcher
where's the "annoying launching exploit every time" located in that step compared to Wii or vWii with permanent exploit installed : click an icon --> homebrew channel?
icon selection->HBC is not annoying to me. that's even easier, you don't have to install anything on the console and it's kept clean.

My internet is not great and it's the only internet I can get where I live so I have to use the offline method where I make a local hotspot. It works about 80% of the time but other times it just loads a black page where I have to reboot my Wii U. It's not a big deal but its a minor annoyance. I said I was probably going to stay on loadiine even if there's another exploit so I don't see what the big deal is.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's obviously not ideal, but we're not in a position where we can be picky about this - we need to make the most of the exploits we have available to us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise